Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

is there a way to get rid of my jacuzzy?

The default fs2002 mesh placed a lake much bigger, higher and circular and in reality it is at lower altitude, smaller and looks like a lake, the outcome is that I

Hi Panito,Are you using Grises50 with a .raw image?If the gigantic image was not there in the default terrain then there may be a hole in your greyscale image that you converted to a .dem file. By hole I mean a white patch. If you have Paint Shop Pro, go over it with the dropper.How about showing a picture here of your new scenery with the gigantic image. Would give people an idea of what may be wrong.

Guest falko

you can use flatten-areas to change the altitude of lakes in FS2002.

Thanks for the reply. Here is the image , a bit over-compressed,but you

I think it didnupload my reply#3 so again.} Thanks for the help, I

:) :) it worked!!!!! The exclude thingy diditThanks!

:( it didnt work, I thought it did from a distance, but when I got closer, the depression was still there. I tried to exclude the area with airpor2.6, but no change, although the flatten thing works, and creating invisivble runways over it could blend the altitude but would be a boring and hard task.Isn

Yes, the exclude feature does exclude some of the default scenery. I use Airport and Scenery Designer and one can create an area where the exclude works for the items enabled in the exclude list.Can I see a closer view of the far area of your original picture please?

Guest christian

Sorry to let you hang so long :)Yes, there is a solution, but it's quite hardcore. The FS2K2 lakes are in the mesh bgls. You have to download and read my Ryans Creek aerodrome example here at avsim. You find some docs that'll explain how to make new lakes. To change the lake elevation it's more complicated. You'd have to use a hexeditor and try to find the lake in question. Probably too much of a hassle...(I did the same thing for the major lakes in NZ, but I had my own decompiler which is still in progress and thus not available.)Cheers, Christian

Guest christian

Unfortunately there is no other tutorial and I don't have the time to write a good one. The best thing I can recommend is you just start and then if you get stuck keep asking questions :)Cheers, Christian