Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

bug in resample.exe?

Guest christian

I just created a mesh for the Chatham Islands in New Zealand. However, I can't get it to work (yes, even I get problems :-lol ).I did it in 2 LOD quadrants. The amazing thing is that the second one works, but the first one doesn't. I have double checked about a 100 times.Here's my setup: I have a DTM that covers the Chatham Islands and I resample into 2 LOD quadrants like this:NorthLat = -42.1875;SouthLat = -45;WestLong = -180;EastLong = -176.25;NorthLat = -42.1875;SouthLat = -45;WestLong = -176.25;EastLong = -172.5;The first one doesn't substitute the default mesh, whereas the second one works fine (the inf files are identical apart from the above statements). My strong suspicion is this entry: 'WestLong = -180;'.However, if I use makebmp = 1 the bitmap looks alright and I also checked the data section in the bgl with Photoshop and it looks fine. It just doesn't show up in FS2k2. Also the bitmap is named right, so it should join the second one to the left.Anyone else having problems right at the border of the world where east becomes west? :)Cheers, Christian

Guest christian

Further evidence.Now I tried a LOD6 quadrant:NorthLat = -43.59375;SouthLat = -45;WestLong = -178.125;EastLong = -176.25;Still nothing!Christian

Hey Christian,I've had some of the same problems crossing over at -180. I figured the resampler doesn't handle it properly. A simple yet effective fix for me was to set the west boundry to -179.99. Give it a shot, it might work for you too. Or better yet (just thought of this), have you tried +180.00 for your west longitude, it's the same thing.Leland Steffensen.

Hi Christian.This worked for me:-----------------------------------------------------[Destination]LOD = 7DestDir ="C:WINDOWSDesktopMesh WorkShop"DestBaseFileName = "testW180s22"UseSourceDimensions = 0NorthLat = -22.500000SouthLat = -45.000000WestLong = -180.000000EastLong = -150.000000 [source]Type = ElevS16LSBSourceDir = "C:WINDOWSDesktopMesh WorkShopGLOBE LOD2GlobeDataLOD2W180s22-5"SourceFile = "LOD2W180s22-5.raw"CellType = S16LSBLat = -22.500000Lon = -180.000000NumOfCellsPerLine = 3600NumOfLines = 2700CellXdimensionDeg = 0.0083333333334CellYdimensionDeg = 0.0083333333334ScaleinMeters = 1.0---------------------------------------------------------There is a bug in 'tmf2bgl' that gives the wrong BGL header longitudinal coordinates for eastern(?) bounds. Look at the mesh's BGL header area with a hex editor, and correct it if needed. Burkhard Renk had a program to correct it, and Martin Wright's 'fstrn' program has the correction built in, but a hex editor is fine, and more accurate. I think if the header is wrong, the mesh won't get loaded, and therefore not displayed.I haven't tried to straddle the international dateline, but I think it should be alright, if the BGL header's longitude is corrected.Hope that helps. ;)

Guest christian

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go.Cheers, Christian

Guest christian

I'm not getting anywhere. I tried your suggestions, but nothing works. It's really odd, because I can see how the second LOD is used and then there is a sharp cutoff and the first LOD just won't show. I'm puzzled because the only difference in my inf file is the target region. And if I would have a conflicting mesh, the islands would be flat, and not the default mesh. Odd, odd...Is any of you guys willing to give it a go. I can send you my inf and the source files.Cheers, Christian

Hi Christian, sorry i cant help with this problem, I am a FS2002 n00b. However I have read about a hundred sites that say 'get the cool stuff from Christians stie on spaceports.'. :) So I go to your spaceports site and get a 404... have you moved?!

Guest christian

No, but spaceports killed my site, so it's not there anymore.Christian

>Is any of you guys willing to give it a go. I can send you >my inf and the source files. I not in the same league as you guys Christian, but if you throw me your bitmap I will give it a go :-)I not been having any problems with Christchurch (Apart from the Annotator locking up on me all the time :-( ), but Christchurch not as close to the date line as you are with the chathams..Regards - John (zk-jwh)

Guest christian

Thanks for the offer John. Lee had a look at it and it wouldn't work either. I start to suspect a bug in the terrain SDK. Doesn't matter. I won't put that effort into it anymore, the Chathams won't make it into FS2K2, but rather FlightGear. Not really worth anyones trouble...Cheers, Christian