Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

It seems landclasses are only valid for flat land and %

not for steep terrain!I started correcting the deafault landclasses around my hometowns airport with John Cillis great Landclass Assistant and Orlando Sotomayor's landclass values.First you have to imagine the aiport is in a valley. Between the aiport and a close mountain range there is flat land. The default scenery on the flat land and on the mountain range consists of dense pineforests although in reality there is a suburban residential area which streches from the airport quite high up into the foothills of the mountainrange.So I created a bgl and put it into the scenery folder started FS2002 anch checked the results, which looked perfect for the flat land and for a few hundred feet up into the foothills. But above not suburban residential area replaced the default pine forests but bare, naked yellowish/brownish rocks.I dit some experiments and tried bgls for diferent residential and also city landclasses. The effect was the smae fo all landclasses: on the mountainside the residential textures "turned" into rocks. Only the colour of the rocks was different depending on what residential landclass was used.This made me curious and I tried different forest landclasses. They all were fine on the flat land but on the steep tarrain they appeared as grass land, again with different colours depending on the landclass.The only landclass I have found so far which looks the same on flat and steep terrain is ocean landclass 000.Anybody else made this experiences? Any ideas for solutions are very much appreciated.Regards,Wolfgang

I found an review of FSLandClass on http://www.avsim.com/pages/0302/fslandclass/fslandclass.htmlwhere the outhor Bryan York complains, that the Country Pack for BC makes the Mountains around Vancouver looking very dry and desert-like.When you have a closer look on the screenshot there, then you see that a residential/city area was added causing (as I assume) the same problem, which i discribed in my original posting: city/suburban/residential landclasses turn into rocks when covering mountains.Wolfgang

Guest Mark Hazeldine

There is one landclass that displays building on hills but i can't remeber it off hand. Download the trial version of FSLandclass from FSSharecenter.com and all the Landclasses are numbered and illustrated in the docs.

Guest christian

This is correct and one of the new features of FS2002!It makes mountainous areas so much more realistic, with patches of rock showing on very steep surfaces.One could argue though if it's not overdone a bit. You get those brown/sand textures for sloping pasture fields, but that's not very realistic here in New Zealand. Anyway, realistic or not, you'll have to live with it.Cheers, Christian

Thanks a lot for your replies guys!Wolfgang