Sign in to follow this  

LAGO Releases Terramesh Switzerland

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Go to [www.Lagoonline.com] for the 70mb file. Its only 5 euros (about $4)! Made by thierry Pignot, this is the most detailed mesh for anywhere in europe ever! Resolution is (effective) 5-10m and (real) 75-100m. Don't ask me what this means exactly, but there site explains it. Just look at the screenshots to see how good it is! By the way, I don't work for LAGO, i've just been looking for this product for over a year!

Thank you! We are very proud of this product. But it a huge file gentlemen, so make sure you use a download manager that can resume.Mathijs KokLAGO

Hi MathijsI,m downloading at the moment, 8% and counting.I,ve tried other Mesh files both Pay and freeware, although they look nice, i,ve noticed in some areas the hill's and mountains have a " Stepped" look to them.Also noticed thay the terrain surrounding airports is in many cases raised up or sunk into the ground.Will your new Swiss Mesh correct these artifacts?Looking forward to flying out of Lugano with your new mesh.Apart from Italy do you plan to do other areas?.And the Price around

>I,ve tried other Mesh files both Pay and freeware, although >they look nice, i,ve noticed in some areas the hill's and >mountains have a " Stepped" look to them. I have not seen this effect in our scenery. Avoiding this was just about no.1 on our specs. But in fact we had nothing to worry about as the effect is caused by a lack of datapoints. Like we tell everybody, with mesh, size matters. If you increase the data amount per acre you get smoother mesh (but also soft round mountains). We added even a bit more data so the mountains get pointed and 'rocky' again.>Also noticed thay the terrain surrounding airports is in >many cases raised up or sunk into the ground. Although it has been worked on manually (that takes time, you have no idea) there are some of those effects. But it is hard to avoid because any manual change 'falsifies' (is that written correct?) the terrain and we didn't like to do that. The best way to fix is to get the airport to the right altitude but that would mean altering files installed by MS and we never do that because it ruins compatibility for other freeware and commercial authors. So, yes, there are some of those effects. But take care, one that I really disliked proved to look like that in reality:-)>Looking forward to flying out of Lugano with your new mesh. Go to Sion from Lugano. Sion is really cool.>Apart from Italy do you plan to do other areas?. Next week Northern Italy, the week after that Southern Italy, after that... who knows.>And the Price around

Hello again.Still downloading!!!.Has Switzerland got a lot bigger?:)I,m at 80mb MB and still dowloading using GozillaSomething wrong??.Thanks for the info Mathijs, refreshing to read your comment about price, Lot of work must go into those Mesh files.Glad to hear its a success, bodes well for the rest of Europe.all the best John

>I,m at 80mb MB and still dowloading using Gozilla >Something wrong??. by now you should know if the download went okay:-) The file is 70Mb and a few Kb's but I have seen download counts on Gozilla run higher as well.Mathijs

WellIn todays Episode of" where'my mesh". :)My download is over 104MB and still going???, Have stopped this dowload as this Can't be right.In a plot twist I tried downloading from the US server.Went away and Watched Papillon ... Twice:)Checked my download earlier,It has downloaded 7002K and is displaying " error during Transfer" messsage and won't budge beyond 70002K, My oh my what fun ...:).I then tried the Demo Which went over 10MB in GOzilla without finishing??.Finally got the Demo By bypassing Gozilla, Geneva is a sight to behold, VERY impressive.Just wish I could get the full thing.CheersJohn

>Checked my download earlier,It has downloaded 7002K and is >displaying " error during Transfer" messsage and won't budge >beyond 70002K, My oh my what fun ...:). I'm sorry to hear it and have little advise to offer. Our FTP servers are run of the mill NT machines, no special software there. And they do work fine, we transferred the files over 350 times this weekend. I do advise you to clear you IE cache, I believe there is a part there that is wrong.Mathijs

HelloI have the same problem than JohnWith gozilla,it stopped also at 70000 and impossible to resume.It happens one time at 49000??and i have a normal(56) modem.It cost more than 5

>It happens one time at 49000??and i have a normal(56) >modem.It cost more than 5

Daniel,why not try changing download manager ? I had very good results with FlashGet http://www.amazesoft.com ,never missed a download so far.best regards,

It all sounds fantastic, I noticed the announcement a couple of days ago.One question for a PIII 800mhz user, yep there are still some left.... which is better: texture or mesh scenery for smoothness up in the high skies? I normally fly high airways. I think mesh scenery is better for me, isn't it?Regards, Ferry

>One question for a PIII 800mhz user, yep there are still >some left.... which is better: texture or mesh scenery for >smoothness up in the high skies? I normally fly high >airways. I think mesh scenery is better for me, isn't it? To be totally honest, I would say neither (now let anybody tell me I promote our products in Avsim forums :-).Flying high (>20.000') you will hardly see real difference between high density mesh and standard mesh, even if the terrain is really rough like it is in the alps. Third party textures also won't help much as I do not know of any textures that are optimized for viewing from these altitudes. I tried some and never say any difference from this high up.When you fly high you need three things to be perfect, the air model of the aircraft, the cockpit and the addtional traffic around you.Of course when you get down to land things chance and there I would always prefer mesh as it is more important for me to get the 'feel' of the land. Never been much impressed with 3rd party textures (some exceptions excluded) and I tend to find them very expensive for what they offer.Mathijs KokLAGO

>why not try changing download manager ? I had very good >results with FlashGet http://www.amazesoft.com ,never missed >a download so far. mmmm.... I do believe this could be a very good tip. Looking at the logs of the FTP servers I have the impression that using this tool indeed helps. It is never really easy to say what download manager is used but there are some traces and FlashGet seems to do better then the others. I do see a lot of problems with Gozilla users and I personally have never liked that download manager much.Do take care to run Ad-Aware after installing it because just like almost all (certianly Gozilla) this contains some nasty spyware code that Ad-Aware will kindly remove for you. The fact that it is almost impossible to get a download manager without included spyware code is disgusting and a real disgrace. Thank god it is easy to fix.Mathijs

Thank you for you reply,Umberto and Mathijs.I am actually downloading for the third time with gozilla!!, I did it before opening the forum.But i will try with FlashGet.Best RegardsDaniel