Sign in to follow this  

Terrabuilder excludes autogen

HiI made a an airport with autogen (using 256 X 256 textures witht a total area of 1025 X 512 pixels)I added Autogen obejcts with annotator on the textures using the annotator tool. Anyhow it seems as teh mesh ground bgl exlcudes the autogen obejcts or prevents it from being shown.I'm not a newbie to autogen so I did everything right here.Any help on that issue is highly appreciatedthanks in advance!!!!Mario

"I'm not a newbie to autogen so I did everything right here."If you did everything right, then why the thread? :) Seriously, I've never known Autogen to work within the confines of an airport, only outside of an airport boundary. Although I can lay photoreal textures on top of an airport using Terrabuilder, I believe FS2002 does something to prioritize the airport objects over Autogen, even in the presence of .agn files. It's just a guess, but assuming you packaged the photoreal bitmaps with the .agn files in the texture folder, it's the only thing I can figure.-John

Guest Claviateur

Yes I think any BGL file with objects in it have priority on any .agn file. CheersMichel

Guest GerrishGray

Hi MichelAutogen is not automatically excluded by any BGL containing objects. The Autogen exclusion mechanism works on an object-by-object basis, and is very localised where 3D objects are concerned. It is, however, also excluded by a number of other scenery types, such as most ground polygons, FS2000-style roads, etc. etc. There are apparently some tricks for getting round this, though. See the contributions to this and other forums by John Morgan (especially in the AirportforWindows support forum).CheersGerrish

Oh I don't know about that! :lolMy FS2000 style roads (per Aiport 2.60) have trees growing out of them and autogen buildings on them! :-)http://www.pbase.com/image/4067981.jpg....OK then, anyone know any sites where direct linking is allowed, boy this internet is no fun anymore!!!