Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

ATC add on: is it possible?

Guest GabrielR

I just finished reading the wish list for FS2004, some people say that most of the things can be achieved through add ons, but i wonder, is there a possibility to create add ons that for example could give simmer the posibility to request altitude changes, or establish holding patterns, alternate airports, etc, is not that i doubt about the talent of the developers, taking a look a the core of this feature, seems to be that is not as open to the developers as the posibility to design and paint AC and scennery for example.I've seen the beautiful workaround that AFCAD gives to the issue of the single runway ops, but that is only a workaround, and I think that as far as the ATC, mayor improvements will only be achieved in the next version. Is there somebody working on any ATC add on? his/her oppinion would be appreciated.PD/ I know that there would be thousands of people, like me that would pay to have an ATC Add on.

I think you will find that "RADAR CONTACT" will be upgraded to work with FS2002 & AI traffic.....(Actually I think that it works with FS2002 anyway - although I am sure that someone will confirm this.)

Guest Scott Campbell

G,Yes, RC 2.2 works with FS2002 and already meets most of Gabriel's requests. Version 3 will handle alternates and emergencies.Gabriel, go to the Radar Contact site (click the link below), and read up on it and try out the free samples.Visit the RC forum here at AVSim if you have questions.

Guest GabrielR

Thankx for the info..... looks interesting

Guest GabrielR

Yes I am writing to them, but I,m focused on ATC, as far as now I have two pages!!

Guest GabrielR

Post it, I would like to see it.

Guest GabrielR

Sorry I mean writting ;)

Guest GabrielR

its OK I understand, is more important that THEY (MS) read it.

Hey -MS should welcome the feedback. There are a lot of people in this forum with good ideas. Eventually, they'll listen.RedRock

Will it also handle AI traffic as well ???