Sign in to follow this  

KPUB Pueblo Colorado

The following I posted in SCENERY as well as here in MESH . . . . . .Okay, so I am getting desperate here :-(I have NEVER used a scenery program before. I am not an advanced programmer nor CAD designer, and I do not have experience in compouter-aided-design on these levels, so I guess I shall have to post here for a plea . . . . .Doth any soul out there have ANY familiarity with Pueblo, CO, and if so can you PLEASE write some sort of scenery for it? It would be SO wonderful and I would even be willing to pay for such a venture.I am a student pilot learning to fly in Pueblo. When I am not in my lessons in RL, I am at home on FS2002. I FINALLY found some taxi signs that made KPUB a little more easier to realisticly navigate as far as taxiing. However, when I get in the air, it is as if I am not in Pueblo at all Only the runways look almost accurate.Considering I spend 6 to 12 hours a day in FS2002 (except on days when i go OUT and fly - budget pending) I almost wish I could write scenery and/or airplanes for the game. I tried GMAX and had no clue that I had to be a designer to run the thing. And no training materials out there for it either :-P Found a couple of third party tutor programs - but when they seemed like greek to me I decided this would be better . . . If anyone has any clue of the area, and would be interested in writing a scenery area for Pueblo that has more accurate elevation as well as an airport (some of the taxi ways arent taxi-ways. The plane thinks it is on dirt going cross-country and I have broken gear twice), PLEASE let me know.By the way, I also just joined this program and am pleased to make all of your aquaintance

Guest sgreenwood

Welcome Chris,I don't know of any free 30m mesh for the Pueblo area. Orlando Sotomayor has created mesh for the Colorado Springs area, although it does not extend quite as far south as Pueblo. Search for "sotomayor" in the File Library, Microsoft 2000, FS 2000 Scenery area. Shameless plug: If you decide you would like 30m mesh for your immediate area, I can help: www.fs-traveler.comSteve

Hi Christopher,I'm a private pilot, based not too far north of you at Jeffco (KBJC), in the Denver Met area.I can't help you with the scenery, but just a word of encouragement to a student pilot- keep up the flight training, as getting your check-ride amd pilot certificate is worth every cent and minute invested! And don't let FS teach you any bad habits either, the trick is being able to seperate reality and virtual reality in your mind:). Remember that VFR/student flying is very visual.Have you soloed yet? Bruce.

Thanks, Steve :-) I sent an email to that web site (the FS-Traveler) requesting some information. I was not interested too much in just freeware. I believe in supporting my local simming community :-) So many thanks for the link.Chris

Not even close to soloing. In fact I have only done 2 RL hours so far. Winter hit fast and hard here (I am sure you may be getting hit harder in Denver there. I just moved here from Littleton).In fact KPUB has been closed all morning due to ice. I am hoping it clears up so I can do a couple more hours this weekend.And -- yes -- DEFINATELY important to seperate virtual from real. The simming is more of an enjoyment and passtime, as well as mere hand-eye coordination practice for me (using the GHC cockpit system - LOL - my grandparents walk into my room and have a heart attack every time they see it). It is only from the RL lessons that I soak in the necessities and important factors of flight. Nothing compares to RL flying, but it is always relaxing to be able to at leats virtually fly to keep the dream alive and kicking when yer grounded from lessons due to bad season.Fortunately my wife and I both nailed good jobs this week (working at the airport no less :-) ) and she is going to learn how to fly as well :-) She has never been in a small airplane before -- only a couple of large airliners, so her introductory flight she is taking at the end of the month ought to be a fun and interesting adventure for her :-)Many thanks for the support, friend. May the skys be clear (and less icy) for you this holiday season.Chris

Hi Chris,Good luck with your training. Sounds like it's all working out for you :)Before you know it, you'll be a part of that exclusive club of airmen! One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the comraderie and friendliness between pilots of all ratings and walks of life; this is the world that you have embarked upon. Then you'll be able to wear those AOPA wings with pride!Bruce.PS. Feel free to e-mail me if you ever have any questions. I'm stil learning too (you never stop), but I'd be happy to help if I could. B.brucek@qwest.net

Aye. It is just that comraderie that attracted me to this area of interest. That and I am one of those people who have a hard time staying on the ground **tee hee**Chris