Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Mesh Terrain Not Working near Mt Baker, WA

I'm trying to use the Terrain SDK and some GTOPO30 data to improve the mesh scenery around where I live, which is in Chilliwack, BC, Canada, which is very near the US border. In fact, the LOD7 quadrant that encompasses where I live also extends about 20 or 30 miles south of the border, and covers Mt Baker, WA.When I compile the scenery and load it into MSFS, only half of it displays, the rest is default scenery. The part that doesn't display is in the area of Mt Baker. I'm wondering if there is some specialized scenery around MT Baker which has a higher priority than mine. I tried disabling "Northwest USA" Scenery in MSFS, but that didn't help. If I move my data north by one quadrant, it displays fine.Any ideas?Russ Dirks

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Russ,You might try rebuilding your mesh with a higher LOD, giving it a higher priority in the sim. I recently had to go to an LOD of 10 to force some GTOPO30 data to override the default (only to learn that the default was much better). Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Hi Russ:what a hoot! I just uploaded my new mesh terrain of BC and the read-me files talk about your exact problem. My solution was, like Steve suggested, to compile the data at a higher LOD (fortunately, I had high-res data for that area). The other option is to deactivate the default terrain. Anyway, check out my mesh and the documentation, and also the screenshots that highlight your wonderful landclass replacement file!!! Also, I placed a few screenshots in the AVSIM screenshots conference.BTW, sorry for misspelling your last name in the image text file.Cheers, Holger

WOW!!! That is some amazing scenery you've got there!!! :-beerchug That is definitely taking up permanent residence on my hard drive! My quest has ended ... my life can return to normal now (not that I wasn't having fun mind you.) :-) Things are looking pretty good in my part of the MSFS world now!! Thank-you very much.Russ

Hi Russ:thanks for the kind words. Before you go back to your normal life - how about doing some more landclass replacements of BC areas???Holger