Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

Home airport sunk using terrain mesh

I have just loaded an excellent piece of terrain mesh for Cairns in North Queensland Australia, which also covers my home airport of Mareeba (about 60kms NW of Cairns).The terrain mesh has made Cairns look so realistic (it is now surrounded by mountains not ant hills). My problem is that the Mareeba airport is sunk about 900 feet down (presumably where its default elevation was set by FS2002).Is there any way I can remedy this? ThanksChris

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Chris,You can use a flatten switch to adjust the elevation of most of the airport, but not the runways. This will help, but if you want runways, I believe you will have to design them yourself.If you are not familiar with flatten switches you may want to use my utility to create a flatten.bgl file from coordinates in a text file. See: www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.htmlRegards,Steve