Sign in to follow this  
Guest fame

Newbie needs directions...

I apologize if this is a reduntant question here, but I don't see any messages regarding my question so please bear with me.I have been quite happy flying along with default scenery for some time now. But a recent flight to Montgomery Field (KMYF) in San Diego has renewed my quest for better scenery. (My trip to KMYF went well until I started taxiing back to the Terminal and the concrete magically turned to clay dirt. It seems that the taxiway and ramp polygons are at a little different elevation than the terrain itself.)So now I want to be able to create some scenery of my own. The question is, "How do I get started?"What sort of programs will I need to use and what data will I need? Are these programs freeware or do I need to purchase? I have created scenery in the past for some other flight sim programs as well as doing some work on scenery for FS several versions ago.As always, I appreciate any help provided.Thanks,Stephen "Highspeed" (But not quite up to date) Kruse

Guest fame

Hi Stephen:I recommend the following programs:FS Architect 2002.The software is very easy to install and use. You can download a Freeware version for evaluation purposes, plus a commercial version 3.00 build 14 is also available. Take a peek at this Website http://www.pouksim.com/ for additional information and a feel for it's ease of use.Another program to consider is FS Scenery Enhancer From Lagohttp://www.lagoonline.com/. What makes this product special is that the whole process of scenery enhancing takes place INSIDE Flight Simulator 2002 and not in a separate program. But be warned, it's a commercial software release.There are other programs as well, such as Airport for Windows, SCASM, gmax and FS Scenery Creator http://www.fssc.avsim.net/index.html to name a few of the better known ones. FS Scenery Creator is my pick for a very nice freeware program. All have a learning curve...I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig), for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.