Sign in to follow this  

microDEM ?

Hi!Impossible to download microDEM (links to Peter Guth'sites don't seem to work) :-hmmm Does anybody could help ?ThanksVal

Hi Steve,That's one of the links for which I always get error message.Thanks very much for the forum.Val

Guest sgreenwood

I just tested the link and the page loaded. I them selected the Full System dowmload (30MB) and the download started. I don't think cookies are required. Are you able to open the page, and what error message are you getting.Steve

Hi SteveIn fact, I can't open the page. After a few seconds, Explorer 6 displays "End" without displaying anything.Something must be wrong with my Explorer (but any other sites work : avsim, flightsim, fsnav, and so on ????).Don't lost your time with my stupid troubles. Thanks a lotVal

Guest rafaelds

Happens to me almost all the time also.Are you oustide the US too?I guess these sites are blocked for foreigners, but 3 weeks ago I managed to download Microdem.Some US govt sites are blocked to brazilian IPs (like NACA's tech report server, which I used to visit), because they were hacked by some brazilians in 98 or 99.sigh... Such a VERY effective way of protection, letting us normal users out and the hackers who can easily spoof their IPs come in freely.

Hi!Could be that, cause I'm triing to connect from France.Does anybody know other possibility to get microDEM ?Best regards,Val

Guest roto2

The site is blocked for non USA IPs.You may use Anonymizer to access it.http://www.anonymizer.comUnfortunately, Anonymizer has 10Mb download limit (Microdem is 30Mb).You must register ($) to increase the download limit. :(

Guest Colins2

Hi All,Sorry for jumping in on an old thread but the Microdem site is not blocked for non-US IPs.I check / d/l from my UK ISP and from my work Norwegian site.I've never had a problem with the site.Colin

Guest rafaelds

just tested it again. unreachable, as always.probably some european countries are allowed as well, including uk and norway.

Hey, ValThanks to you I was able to download microdem, from that spanish website.And yes, the website is definetely blocked for brazilian IPs. Using anonymizer, I could access the usna.edu page.gio