Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cazador

Airports with plateaus and craters

Guest Cazador

Dear All:I have problems is some airports, when i install de SRTM mesh terrain LOD9 and i have the SRTM elevation in the airports i see plateaus in the RWY15 abd a crater in the RWY33, the elevevation of the plateaus is about 7 meters.The problem is that the RWY center have 22.5 M the RWY15 has 15 meters and the RWY33 has 36Meters.I'm using WGS84 coordinates for airports.How can i solve this trouble?Help me please.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

HI Alfredo,Not much we can do until FS has the ability to depict non-flat runways and airports.Very few, if any, airports are perfectly flat. Yet FS cannot depict anything but a flat airport/runway.They generally use the airport's published elevation, which is generally the highest spot on the airport. However, runway threshold elevations are rarely the same as the airport elevation. Most runway threshold elevations vary from their counterpart on the other end, some by as much as 100 feet or more. Thus, when depicting these runways in FS, one end invariably is on a plateau (or in a pit).Maybe FS2006 . . . -------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Cazador

Thank you Justin.Fs isn't as real as it gets...Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru