Sign in to follow this  
Guest stentor

7.5 DEM Mesh What am I doing wrong?

Guest Richard Hill

I made a folder CKB, copied all downloaded/uncompressed *.bil data files, made a batch file and INI file. Resample.exe, Tmfcompress.exe Tmf2bgl.exe,(see Attached} but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Guest sgreenwood

The final processing step seems to be missing from your batch file. Try adding the following line at the bottom:tmf2bgl %1.comp %1.bglOnce your bgl file is created, it is a good idea to do a quick visual check using TMFViewer.

Guest Richard Hill

I tried that also, but it creates no new files or folders. As I am running Windows XP, I only get a flash of the batch file and nothing new in the folder.I am trying to remesh my entire state, as I have made 7.48 GB of Near Photo Quality scenery of my home state of West Virginia. I was wondering if you might sometime Download the .BIL file for 80.0 W 79.0 W 40.0 N 39.0 N and if you have sucess, send me a copy of your .INF and .BAT file.richardlhll@wmconnect.comRichard;

Guest sgreenwood

It may not be a problem with your inf file. It sounds like you are trying to run the batch program from Windows Explorer. You need to open a Command Prompt window and type the command as indicated in my previous post. If you are going to create that much mesh, you should probably create a shortcut and set the "Working:" path (in the shortcut Properties-> Program tab) to the location where you will keep your batch and SDK files. This will make it easier to go directly to the command prompt in that folder.If you are not sure how to do this, check the XP Help system. I don't use XP much so I am not sure of the details for that O/S. Steve

Guest Richard Hill

Steve;I tried as you suggested with no sucess. WindowsXP has no true DOS.Thanks for at least trying to help!Richard;

Guest Ideas

"WindowsXP has no true DOS."That is a MS Falacy, DOS stands for Disk Operating System, without DOS you cannot have Hard Drives, Floppies, CD Drives or DVD Drives.

Guest stentor

Steve: Some people doens't know that Windows is a graphicalinterface for DOS. Anyway, there is no problem to run BAT files in Windowsenvironemet. If it doensn't work, the problem is another. And more, som guys like complicate simple things.Beating a dead horse, or in Brazil we say "search corns ina head horse". Sorry by my english. CheersCelso