Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stormshadow

Question to those who use the Grises50 program

Guest Stormshadow

Hi all,I nearly got to grips with the tutorial about the Grises50 exe. I have got a query thou and thought maybe someone in ere who used the program might be of assistance...What size must the contour map be of?Storm

Hello Stormwhat do you mean with contour map?the bitmap, which finaly must be in *.raw -format must be 257x257 pixels. there is no rule about dpi, since this kind of format (raw) does not support dpi's. check / be sure, that your *.inf -file has correct values... i meant, with grises50, only LOD9 Meshes are pssible to create.. not shure, but this was my experience.Francis

Guest Stormshadow

Francis,Actually, I've succesfully used LOD11 but I'm still experimenting. I tried LOD12, 13 but to no avail. I finally got to grips with what the NW coordinate actually signifies, how it relates to the LOD and most of all, the map one has, when superimposed on the default FS2002 terrain must have its NW point practically on the NW coordinate of the LOD and must follow the contours of the scenery.Storm

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Storm,To see mesh created at LOD12 or above, you need to edit your fs2002.cfg file and increase your TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL setting from 19 (the default value) to 21. However, the higher the LOD value, the smaller the radius where it is used in the sim, so this may not be a very practical solution. Steve

Guest Stormshadow

Cheers Steve,My setting is already at 21 and the mesh showed up. However, LOD 12 or 13 did not generate any valid BGLs in the first place rather than the scenery not showing up...Storm