Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stormshadow

.inf Parameters HELP!

Guest Stormshadow

Hello all,I urgently need to know how to obtain the NW coordinates. I'm attaching a top-down view of some scenery I'd like to elevate. I take it that the NW coordinate should be the point corresponding to the NW point in the top-down view map?I converted the image to grey-scale and raw data np there. But it seems the problem is the NW coordinate. Here's my .inf data[Destination] LOD = 9 DestDir = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTerrain Tutorial" DestBaseFileName = "Sliema" UseSourceDimensions = 1 [source]Type = ElevS16LSBSourceDir = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTerrain Tutorial"SourceFile = "IMAGE1A.dem"CellType = S16LSBNullCellValue = -9999 Lat = 35.921833Lon = 14.487667NumOfCellsPerLine = 257NumOfLines = 257CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00091552734375CellYdimensionDeg = 0.0006866455078125ScaleinMeters = 1.0The raw image is of size 257 x 257 px.I can't understand why one has to give the NW coordinate of the particular LOD9 cell the scenery is in rather than the NW coordinate of the scenery which one would like to modify. I'd be grateful if someone can shine some light on this

Guest Stormshadow

Help needed!

Hi Storm.No one's responding because almost no one uses Grises50.Lat = 35.921833Lon = 14.487667Those lines don't look right to me. The total span of the source must totally enclose at least one LOD 9 area.LODCalc, by Richard Marklew, is a nice LOD calculator:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...klew&CatID=RootEnter the lat-long, and get the bounds.Dick

Guest Stormshadow

Cheers Dick..In actual fact I used the grises tutorial to get me started . I'm using the FS2002 SDK resample tool now since I'm getting more and more familiar with the parameters. But I have to use grises to create the DEM don't I! (Sergio used it for Lampedusa..it seems the Islands in the center of the Medit. sea are too small to be represented by DEMs!!)Thanks for the link - you kind of read my mind on this as I was in search of such a calculator!Big thanksStorm