Sign in to follow this  

FSUIPC PROBLEM

Hi, The idle speed for C182RG is too high 1000 RPM.Idle speed for C182SP is 600 RPM.This happened after I installed FSUIPC 2.85.In FSUIPC the negative throttle setting only goes to (-16192, 16192).Settings for King air 350 perfect.Calibrated CH YOKE USB + PRO PEDALS USB with CH Control manager.Sensitivity settings seem to be correct.Any of you have this happen to you?Any advice very welcome.Thanks.

I made a mistake in my last post.The C172SP idle speed is 700 RPM.The C182 planes have an idle speed of 1000 RPM.Without using the FSUIPC the C182 planes have an idle speed of 700 RPM.Any Ideas appreciated.Jim Alcorn

Edit: Well! I take it all back! I see what you mean about the difference in RPM w/wout FSUIPC. I did notice the 182 gauge is different than the 172. Why, I don't know! The 172 will idle as low as 500RPM w/wout FSUIPC while the 182 seems to idle at 700 with both until you touch the throttle. I had a hard time waiting for it to come back to 1000. The idle sound was there just not the correct RPM indication, plus the throttle was all the way out. Strange!Please ignore the following:I think you need to go back and recalibrate your joystick with FSUIPC. FSUIPC can make any physical location on your joystick the idle position. For instance, I calibrated my joystick idle position to be approximately 1/4 inch above the physical stop. I did this so I can simulate the Beta Range (Reverse Thrust) and to eliminate computer noise affecting Beta Range. At this IDLE point, FSUIPC sends the appropiate idle reference signal to the simulation.I have not noticed any incorrect idle speed, when I fly a GA aircraft that doesn't require a Beta Range.

Hi, thanks for the heads up.How do I SET the IDLE spot?Thanks again, yourinput very very appreciated.Jim

FSUIPC.zip comes with an excellent User's guide. Read the user's guide about calibrating joysticks. It really is not difficult.

Hi,For me there was a learning curve for FSUIPC.Now I think I am beginning to understand it.I flew the King 350 from Meigs to Ohare. It worked great.The C182RG handled like a dream, same flight.I am very impressed with FSUIPC.Thanks.Jim Alcorn