Sign in to follow this  

Photo Scenery Designer 1.2 Problem?

I'm sure I am just missing something using the new photo scenery designer 1.2 posted a day or two ago in avsim's library. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.I can't get the thing to make a .bgl from my textures. It seems to resample and merge the textures fine (sucking up a few gigs of disk space) but just blinks when trying to make the bgl and says "done" without actually creating the bgl.Anyone else having this problem, or a solution?Thanks,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest smithf

I tried it last night and it seemed to do the same thing for me. I did see that there was a bgl file in the texture directory. Taking a look at it with tmfviewer it looked like a landclass bgl with the value set at 253 where I had textures and 254 where there were not any textures. I moved that bgl into the scenery directory and I was able to get the new textures to show.I suspect that the author is expecting use of the FS2000 SDK tools instead of the FS2002 SDK tools, because I did get a message about not being able to convert the tmf file when I tried to generate the bgl. The FS2002 SDK does not generate a tmf file. The FS2000 SDK generates a tmf that then needs to go through the tmf2bgl program.I am going to try the FS2000 SDK tools tonight to see if it works.Good Luck!Frank Smith

Yes, you need FS2000 (not FS2002) Terrain SDK.For more information, please see "Help" -> "Tutorial" -> "Setup".