Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wac

NO ATC at airports...help needed

For some reason, now when I go to ANY airport I can't seem to talk to ATC.I can press like "contact IFR clearance" but when I press 1 to talk to them nothing happens. Same things when I want to talk hear the ATIS. This is at every airport. The engines are running, everything is operating. And this affects every aircraft at every airport. I even reset all the keys under the configuration to the default keys, and still, I get nothing. I do however get ATC in the air just fine, but I did want it on the ground. Any help would be appreciated.

>For some reason, now when I go to ANY airport I can't seem >to talk to ATC. >>I can press like "contact IFR clearance" but when I press 1 >to talk to them nothing happens. Same things when I want to >talk hear the ATIS. This is at every airport. The engines >are running, everything is operating. And this affects >every aircraft at every airport. I even reset all the keys >under the configuration to the default keys, and still, I >get nothing. >>I do however get ATC in the air just fine, but I did want it >on the ground. Any help would be appreciated. This means either your flying an aircraft that has no radio., such as the WW I biplane in FS2k2 Pro or you haven't remembered to turn on your AVIONICS switch.Pete

Guest Wac

Question ...How do you turn on the avionics switch ... I'm having the same problem ...Regards,Wac :-wave

>Question ... >>How do you turn on the avionics switch ... I'm having the >same problem ... >>Regards, >>Wac :-wave When you start a flight the engine and all of its electronics are already running. But anyway, move your cursor to all of the selectable areas of the 2D panel. Look for the switch that says "avionics" or waite for the little pop up help that will say avionics. Click on it. You'll also want to be sure that the batteries are turned on. What plane are the both of you flying?Pete

Guest Wac

I'm flying the PSS Airbus ...The ATC works with all the FS2002 planes, but not the PSS Airbus ?!?Regards,Wac :-wave

Ah but that's a known problem with the PSS Airbus. You need to start your engines, or use FSUIPC which has an option to prevent your batteries from losing power. PSs might have fixed that now, not sure.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

>I'm flying the PSS Airbus ... >>The ATC works with all the FS2002 planes, but not the PSS >Airbus ?!? >>Regards, >Then you need to write the designer and ask. Let me guess. If you open the aircraft.cfg file, does it have very little infor as comparewd to any of the defaults? I've downloaded POSKY planes that had practically no config data. Maybe thats the problem. Email the panel designer.One more thing. I've run across a few panels where the desinger was not very good or was just lazy. Where the only way to activate any of the function was via a keystroke. No buttons. So examine the keystroke assignmets built into MS and you may be able to turn on everything that way.Pete

Guest Wac

Thanks for you help guys ...Regards,Wac. :-wave