Sign in to follow this  

Great Panel... Not able to take off with it!

I am trying to fly a Fokker 50 (f50noapu.zip) with Espen Oijordsbakken's fantastic panel (ef50v21b.zip) with the following result: The plane doesn't want to leave the ground. If I adjust the trim to where it does, it then wants to climb straight up and stalls. I am using a MS Force Feedback 2 joystick. Is there something I can do with the aircraft.cfg file to correct this or is that not the place? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance for your help!Ron

Uwe,I have tried other .air files with the same result. The joystick feels like "mush" when trying to rotate (at about 120k). If I set the trim to where the plane can just barely lift off, it still continues to pitch up until it stalls.Regards,Ron

Hi RonI have been using this panel with Chris's new FS2002 F-50's avail at flightsim and it works great!!! I usually only have to set trim at +2or 3 with a flap 5 and 80% fuel load. The plane rotates at the recommended Vr according to the Doc sheet! It has not stalled yet and seem to be very stable throughout the climb. I am using a CH yoke! I also tried it on my Logitech force feedback stick with the same results! It almost sound like a joystick calibration problem. Check your Controller assignment and see where you have the repeat action at for your trim buttons.I have found that the half way setting works well because if you have it set all the way to the left it trims the aircraft way to quick! Hopefully you know what I am referring to.RegardsWayneCYHZ

Hi Wayne,Thanks for your response. I don't think I can adjust the trim repeat action but I have found out the following: If I set the trim at 2-1/2 to 3 nose up, it lifts off OK. Then I quickly have to adjust the trim back to 0 to climb out until I turn on the AP. By the way, I am using the same aircraft by Chris. Well, if you have any further info, please send it, otherwise happy flying!Regards,Ron

Guest Martin

Don't forget to unlock the controls. (It's a handle on the left side of the pedestal.) In FS2000 it only affected keyboard inputs, but now it blocks inputs from a joystick or yoke too, so remember to unlock it (I've said that twice now, but it is important. :-))MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Martin,Thank you! You hit the nail right on the head. That was my whole problem! I was not unlocking the controls because when I rolled my cursor over the handle, it mistakenly identified it as Aileron Trim instead of Control Lock. Well, that allows me to enjoy flying my favorite short hop aircraft in Norway, my favorite place to fly! Thanks very much again!Regards,Ron