Sign in to follow this  

How can I turn on or add "exclude switch"in .cfg?

Guest lawyerpilot

Heard about an infamous "exclude switch" in fs2002.cfg. Anyone know how to activate it or turn it on in order to prevent an old rwy from showing up over the new one that I just downloaded for an airport? Is there a line that needs to be included?P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, Malibu SIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Perhaps I should've been a little more clear I my reply to your other post. :)The FS2002 readme doesn't say anything about the exclude switch, but you can read about it if you have FS2000 or CFS2.It's pretty easy to use, although I'll probably make it sound awfully complicated. :( First, slew and find the coordinates of a rectangle surrounding the area you wish to get rid of. Now open the scenery.cfg file with a text editor, and find the entry for your new area. Add the coordinates of the area you wish to eliminate in a clockwise (or counter-clockwise) fasion. It should be in this format:Exclude=north boundary, east boundary, south boundary, west boundary, typeThe type tells the sim what items to exclude: "objects" = anything visual, or "all" = objects and nav-aids. There are more types, but I don't know what they are offhand. When you're through, it should look something like this: [Area.145]Title=LGB2002Local=ADDON SCENERYAirportsLGB2002Remote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=146Exclude=N33 50.0,W118 10.0,N33 48.2,W118 8.0,objectsFlatten.0=57,N33 50.0,W118 10.,N33 50.0,W118 8.,N33 48.2,W118 8.0,N33 48.2,W118 10.0The flatten switch works in much the same principle and is use for leveling an area of mesh. This will exclude all scenery objects within those coordinates lower layers, in this case every layer lower than layer 146.I hope I've helped more than I've confused. Good luck.