Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Where to get a FREE JPEG Compress Program??

Guest HeavyFan

I just downloaded the FS SCreen from here, but I need a free program to compress the JPEG file to post here for screen shots! I have been using what I have on my Comp which is MS Image tool, which makes the picture pretty crapy!Someone mentioned these to get for screenshots...Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, where do i get these programs and are they free?? If not where is a free program that can do this so I can join in on the Screen shot fun! Thank's MIKE.

Guest HeavyFan

ok How do I compress it to fit the small limit of the Screenshot forum without making it too blurry?? MIKE-:)

Try a program called IRFAN from download.com its quite good

Hello Mike,To use MS Paint, (which works very well for this process), simply paste your screenshot into Paint. Now if you know your screen resolution all we have to do is convert your screen resolution into the resolution you want to compress to. To do this you have to convert the numbers into a percentage.An example: Suppose we want to convert from a screen resolution of 1280x960 to a resolution of 800x600. Simply divide 800 by 1280, (1280/800), to get an answer of 0.63 multiply this number by 100 and you have the percent of compression you need or in this case 63%.Now all you have to do is go to MS Paint, and to get this resolution click Image, then click Stretch/Skew on the drop down menu, then put 63 into the boxes for Horizontal and Vertical in the Stretch,(top), box then click OK. Your image has now been changed to a resolution of 800x600. Goto File on the menu select Save As and name your picture and be sure to click JPEG FILE in the Save as Type window at the very bottom of the dialogue box. Be sure to save the image in a location that you can find later, and that is all there is to it. You will now have an 800x600 JPEG from a 1280x960 BitMap.WahLaa, Who would have,"thunk", it would be so simple. :DHope this helps:http://members.aol.com/zipkit/sig.jpg

Guest HeavyFan

Thanks guy's for the help and Info! But I got it down now! The program I was using to take screenshots was not very good! So I downlaoded FS Screen here and use that now and the quality is 100% better now! So all I do is downsize it a little to fit the max amount of size foe AVSIMS Screenshot pots and thats it1 all clear and much better looking! So no I feel like a SCRRENSHOT ** to post everytime i get into FS! So i will be posting more shot's and hope you guy's like um! MIKE-:)

Guest JeanLuc_

About JPG2000 :www.luratech.com/index_e.html