Sign in to follow this  
richard_dillon

need help with a batch file

I had a batch file someone sent me awhile back but I deleted by accident. I thought I had made a new one correctly but when I go to make the mesh resample just keeps spitting out numbers and never finishing the mesh. Iam sure it's something really simple that I over looked. I wondering if someone could post a sameple of a batch file they use or just point me to site that would have to look at :) Thanks in advance

Howdy,here's an example of one of mine:resample gl_bay_n.inftmfcompress gl_bay_n.tmf gl_bay_n_c.tmftmf2bgl gl_bay_n_c.tmf gl_bay_n_c.bgldel gl_bay_n.tmfdel gl_bay_n_c.tmfCheers, Holger

thanks for the response. I thought the batch file might have been the problem but it's not. When i try to build my mesh it just keeps acting like it's building and never stops. I deleted my ini file because i just got so fed up :) . What are the proper lines for the ini file. I must have missed something . The mesh type iam using is NED from seamless.usgs.gov . Thanks in advance for any help

holger Thanks for the link. The only problem is now when i go to build the mesh I get a error. I have tried everything to rid of it but Iam sure it's something simple. The error is {Destination} DestDir= "." Missing required Parameter If you need to post the rest of the inf I can do that but it's a copy of what was on the above link. Except that all of directories are point to the root directory of the inf :) "." If you have any other advice on mesh I will give it a shot. Iam new at this but Iam willing to learn :) . I mostly want to work with NED. I do not know anything about microdem . I have played with it but did not understand it too much.

Howdy,I'm not the brightest when it comes to these old DOS commands but maybe this might work: DestDir = ".."Cheers, Holger

still does not work. I have no clue what it could be "." should be fine. That's what I have always used :/ . I tried your suggestion and still got the samething

Hmmm... can you post the entire .inf again, including the file names of your source data and directories?Holger

Here you go . I was tring a small area of atlanta out since I know what it should look like. The "." should be fine since Iam just doing all the work from the directory of the folder I created for this .It's always worked that way for me {Destination}LOD = 10DestDir = "."DestBaseName = "atl"UseSourceDimensions = 1{Source}Type = Elevs16LSBSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "atl.BIL"Lat = 34.18458333398812Lon = -84.74263888766828NumOfCellsPerLine = 2086NumOfLines = 3153CellXdimensionDeg = 0.00027777777780CellYdimensionDeg = 0.00027777777780ScaleinMeters = 1.0

Guest sgreenwood

I believe the missing parameter is the destination filename.You specify:...DestBaseName = "atl"...Try this line instead: DestBaseFileName = "atl"Steve