Sign in to follow this  
Guest vlada stoje

Some Mesh and elevation questions.

Guest dennya

Okay, before I get into designing from scratch (I'd eventually like to do 25VT, the airport a half-mile from my house), I'd like to figure out how to tweak some issues with some existing third-party scenery I've added. 1) I'm using Rob Gainer's excellent Eastern USA mesh to cover my home area of Vermont. It makes everything look much more authentic, but there are problems with some airports. Some airports end up on plateus. I know this is probably because airports have to be flat in FS2004, and because of altitude differences between FS2004's airport info and the terrain mesh. But is there any way I can tweak this to bring the airports down to the level of the ground around them?2) When using Chris Gaines' excellent FS2K scenery for KRSW (we fly there to visit my grandparents), the textures flicker a bit from some angles, as if the original texture is trying to pop back through. Any way to prevent this? (not using an add-on mesh here.)3) My mom lives in Bermuda, and the FS2004 scenery for that is horrible. There's a great FS2K scenery for BDA by Barry Wells, but it has some problems under FS9. There's one hill where the underlying terrain pops through. But far worse is the fact that you get a building crash (or it may have been a terrain crash?) when you travel about 50 feet down the runway. I'm guessing I need to set up an "exclude" for default terrain in the area covered by the scenery? Any pointers to where I can find info on how to do that?Thanks in advance for all advice!

Hi dennya.Gainer has an e-mail location. Why not direct all questions regarding his creations to him? ( that address is most likely in the readme that came with the mesh )As for the other questions, they are also best answered by the creators of those addons.Dick