Sign in to follow this  

Caribou progress

A long way to go, but it's coming along...

Looking good Mike - how long have you been working on that one ??

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!! Can't wait on that one!!! Great bush plane!!Don

Guest Lizardo

Outstanding!!

That looks great! Theres an old Caribou down at the local airfield down here, I"ve often looked at it after coming back from a flight. The guy who owned it used to ferry cars back and forth to the Bahamas.mw

I could always have it unload a car when the cargo doors open. Of course this could get interesting if open them in flight. :-)Mike Stone

Having flown this A?c for a whike it V-N. (before the Airforce took it away from the Army) Your doing just GREAT:, Can not wait till it's finished; SUPER JOB; RUSS

Mike,Looks great, especially the flaps. It will be something to see then in operation.I know this asking a lot, but is it possible to have parachute drops while the plane is flying? Just a thought.In any case, the Caribou looks great even before painting.Thanks for your efforts which are appreciated by many in our hobby community.Howard

Way cool man, It almost looks like the RAAF version when they were painted in UN colours. I am really looking forward to this one.Mark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

Guest Milton

Mike,The Air Force Caribou was one of my first awesome and most memorable flying experiences in Vietnam. Leaving Tansonut AB full of locals, troops and cargo strapped on the open cargo bay door, we climbed out at an awesome pitch. From my strap seat, I looked back toward the cargo and wondered if it would slide off the door and I saw the runway falling away beneath us for a long time. I really never thought this aircraft would even get off the ground when I walked into it and then it impressed the heck out of me there.Your progress to date looks awesome. Please give lots of attention to those tires and wheels and landing gear for a realistic look.We look forward to your updates and send our thanks for the efforts to date.Kind RegardsMiltonhttp://www.flightsimonline.com/dash7

There is a company in Cape May, NJ (WWD)that rebuilds the Caribou, new avionics, turboprop conversion, etc. Many bought from the Spanish Army (some complete with bullet holes) I'll see if I can find out more. They are $3 million a copy (rebuilt, of course)Carl

Hi Mike, I saw it once on a programme about some guys who used a caribou to rescue a B21 or 29 in some godforsaken part of the world,and I thought then "ugly but cool"...I look forward to it..while I`m here can I ask what your repaint policy is? I tried your site but no joy ..Ed