Sign in to follow this  
Guest pecrowther

AI Traffic Will Not Follow Terrain

Guest pecrowther

Is there any way to get AI traffic to follow the terrain?I have set up an AI departure toward an uphill slope. When the AI aircraft reaches the uphill slope, it plows straight forward through the hill and out the other side.Is there a flag that can be set to make AI aircraft "respect" the terrain - just like non-AI aircraft. Or is this just a feature of the AI logic. Any AI aircraft operating out of those non-flattened backwoods strips?I assume that the answer to all of this is no - but I thought I'd ask anyways.Thanks,Phil

Guest jkvato

If there were any provisions for this, it would be inherent to the AI logic side of things, and not the mesh itself.You could try the TTools forum, but to my knowledge this aspect of the logic code is built-in to FS and there's nothing that third party developers can do about it. :(

Hi Phil.Dynamic Scenery will follow the terrain. You'd need to make an AI aircraft as a Dynamic Library object, then you could use SCASM commands to define a path, etc...The trick with dynamic objects hugging the ground is to set their elevation lower than the terrain.Dick

Guest pecrowther

I didn't find any discussion of this in the TTools forum, so I thought I'd post the question here since it involves mesh and not necessarily TTools.Regarding dynamic scenery objects, I guess the trick will be to make the dynamic scenery behave like an airplane. Are there any tools like AFCAD for dynamic scenery - where I can set up a path for the object to follow? (If so, I'll take any further discussion to the general MSFS forum.)Thanks,Phil

Hi all,also, Richard McMaster uploaded a compilation of all necessary tools to flightsim.com; file name is dynamic.zip (~25MB).Cheers, Holger

Guest pecrowther

Thanks. I will give DOD3 and dynamic.zip a try.Phil