Sign in to follow this  

Is there a program to convert MDL files to DXF files fo

Hey!, I was just buzzing the flightsim.com forums where I stumbled across someone with a program that can convert mdl files to gmax readable dxf files. I just want to know where I can get that program. Many ThanksMoses

Probably at flightsim.com You should ask what the name of the zip file is and the creators name. Whey you findout let us know here. As I am interested.pete

I would be very surprised if a program existed that goes from .mdl to .dxf and we had not heard of it, since a) it would probably be VERY sought after; and :( modifications of other people .mdl files would be appearing all over the place. Unless of course it does not give a decent output - but then what would be the point ??I could well image a lot of designers (both freeware and commercial) being very worried about something like that being available.....

Well...there is a program to convert files. I don't want to infringe upon any copyrights of any people so I wont share it on the forum. Dont get me wrong or anything...I will gladly share it if it did not infringe upon any copyrights...but it does and I feel uncomfortable.Regards,Moses

I will. PUBLIC INFORMATIONSearch Google with mdl dxf and you will find it. Regards.Bob

>I could well image a lot of designers (both freeware and commercial) being very worried about something like that being >available.....This could cause major trouble. I dont want to be the cause of it.I would gladly share it with you...but since it can have complications with the law, I feel uncomfortable.RegardsMoses

>>I could well image a lot of designers (both freeware and commercial) being very worried about something like that being >available.....>>This could cause major trouble. I dont want to be the cause >of it. >I would gladly share it with you...but since it can have >complications with the law, I feel uncomfortable. >>Regards >Moses There wont be any trouble. Fir example MS released the voicepak SDK, from wich acccording to MS, we cannot alter the original content of the usenglishbig.gvp voice file in the game.we can only creat our own gvp voice packs that dont use the original wavs. Yet available here and and flightsim is a program called gvpdecompile, wich allows us go inside the original MS gvp file and fix it/alter it. There was an mdl convertor that was available for FS2000 but it did not do the greatest job. People want this so they can fix the crappy FS2000 lights of [planes that are flown in FS2k2.Pete