Sign in to follow this  
Guest luissa

New Resample

Hi all.The FS2004 terrain SDK is available, and contains the new resample.exeThe FS9 resample compiles directly to BGL, although a TMF output is available ( possibly because it then is a faster compile... for the purpose of generating photoreal images ).The mesh BGL is not compatible with FS2000 or CFS2... I don't yet know about FS2002... and I don't know if there is any advantage to using the new resample for FS9 at all ( concerning mesh ). We can't merge tmf files, so everything must be done from within the INF file.TMFViewer has been updated to allow some options with VTP line viewing, and viewing points for both VTP and LWM. I don't know if there is any change for mesh viewing, but it doesn't appear so.Dick

Guest luissa

Hi Dick,I just have read the SDK. I smiled when I read terms like slooped polygons and offset points. These were (very small) differences from the terms that you, and others, used for the same things.Regarding the resampler for mesh, and for the sake of clarification, I will refer to the 3 versions as: resample0, resample1 and, now, resample2. I never got resample1 to work when I specify the output boundaries of the mesh. As in my projects I need to specify the 4 boundaries of the generated mesh, I use resample0 with the drawback(?) of creating intermediate TMF uncompressed and compressed files. May be I have being doing something wrong, but resample0 is the only way for me to generate meshes with specified boundaries.I will hope to have time to test resample2 with specified boundaries.Regards, Luis

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Luis,"May be I have being doing something wrong"Maybe. I have no problems creating and using inf files like this with resample1 (the fs2002 version):DestinationLOD=9DestDir="."DestBaseFileName="fst-90m09-ea2-N05E075"NorthLat= 8.96484375SouthLat= 5.09765625WestLong= 72.1875EastLong= 73.828125...I have no idea what your problem might be (sequence maybe?), but I've produced hundreds of bgls using the code that produced this snippet.I prefer resample1 not only because it does not create the tmf files, but because it also provides all four coordinates in the bgl header (which I read and log after it is created). It also allows me to omit specific cells by including a few missing data points. Maybe resample2 will be more forgiving; we now have more testing to do. :-)Steve

Guest luissa

>Maybe. I have no problems creating and using inf files like>this with resample1 (the fs2002 version):Hello Steve,Now that you tell me this, I am certain! I was waiting for some answer like yours so that I have no excuse to re-verify my method! Thanks!Luis