Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

FS2002 mesh in FS9 -- recompilation mandatory?

Greetings!With the help of the kind gurus on this forum I had made that nice little FS2002 island, as a birthday gift to my flightsim buddy.Now he has moved it to FS9, and it looks flat like a pancake (including the formerly majestic Mt. Richard :-( ).I was hoping FS2002 mesh stuff would just work "as is" in FS9, too -- but apparently not.I did see already Dick's (rhumbaflappy's) thread here, about "New resample" (May 22, 2004).Just checking, before I head off energetically in the totally wrong direction: Do I understand correctly that I need to recompile the mesh for FS9, using the FS2004 SDK / resample.exe?And does this mean that all FS2002 mesh scenery won't work in FS9 (without recompilation) -- or is it just mine...? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!Cheers,Martin

Hi Martin.FS2002 mesh should work just fine in FS9. If the area is flat, then it probably has an LWM polygon covering the area, and squishing your mesh.Dick

Hello Dick,thanks! I knew I would have run off in the wrong direction... :-)> it probably has an LWM polygon covering the area, and squishing > your mesh.But that would then have to be an LWM poly coming from the default scenery, or ?Because my own LWM poly, at least in FS2002, didn't have a squishing effect. Well, I'll investigate. Thanks again for putting me straight ;-)BTW, I also did have to doctor one of the FS2002 HYP*.bgl files.I suppose I have to do that again, with the corresponding (somethingelse).bgl FS9 file? I read that FS9 BGLs cannot yet be disassembled, and that one has to resort to trickery (something like recompile an FS2002 decompilation product with an FS9 header).Is that still current knowledge, or can FS9 BGLs by now be dis- and re-assembled directly, the same way as the FS2002 BGLs?Cheers,Martin