Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fsfreeware

Help and scenery request?

Guest Gunfighter34ID

Is this the right place to put a request for scenery in? I'd like to start learning basic scenery design, but after reading a few threads on the forum and downloading a couple of programs I realize I'm way, way out of my depth.I would really like to find a good scenery for Charleston, South Carolina and the surrounding metro area (Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, Goose Creek, Summerville, Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island, etc.). The default FS9 scenery is terrible, and while USA Roads from Flight1 helps it a little bit it still really looks nothing like where I live.So, I figured I'd try to do something with it, but I don't even know where to start. What programs do I need? Where do I start? What's the first thing I have to learn? Is there anyone interested in this area of the US who would like to either make this scenery or help me make it--and, obviously, I would be the junior partner in this endeavor since I don't know anything.Please help! I'm sick of flying over a beautiful, historically rich city of over half a million people that looks like a pasture.Thanks, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.Ron B.

Guest Fsfreeware

Hi Ron;Complete Usa terrain 38.2 m - designed from the latest usgs dem at 30 m - is on progress - with projected completition date by end of august.You can download - at no cost whatsoever usa usgs mesh - and follow the project - as Carolina state will be done very soon (august) and have a nice and free quality terrain mesh - for the whole usa and alaska.instructions wich help you of how to download and follow the project are at this address:http://www.fsrapid.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40we are happy to help anybody following the project and provide prompt and free tecnical support - to all those who need or have any question/s.ray