Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmg

Aerial photos

Guest dchircop

Hi everyone,I am trying to apply a few aerial photos onto the mesh terrain. I've gone through the Fs20004 mesh terrain sdk and I've also gone through some topics mentioned here in the forum. However there are still some areas that I can't understand what's happening. As such i did manage to map a small sample onto the terrain but the final resolution was horrible once displayed in the sim. The resolution of the photos I have are actually at 25cm/pixel which is quite high as a resolution I think. As such I tend to decrease it to 75cm/pixel or 1m/pixel. Now let's say you have an aerial image of 1024 x 1024 pixels at a resolution of 1m/pixel how would you go about it? 1. First of all how do you calculate the XCell Dimension and YCell Dimensions? I simply can't figure out how you get those values.2. Through the mentioned topics I also read that the max resolution FS accepts is 4.8m/pixel. So as such it's useless having these photos at 1m/pixel? Some people mention the idea of adjusting the image size before through Photoshop or PaintShop Pro although I can't get the concept of the idea!From the result of the sample the image quality really deteriorated!!This my first try in applying photorealistic textures onto mesh terrain and I really do need some guidlines especially regarding the type of photos I have and to understand better what actually goes on. Thanks In AdvanceDaniel