Sign in to follow this  
Guest parrotheada1a

FSGenesis

Guest parrotheada1a

I have a couple questions, perhaps Justin will answer himself. First of all, FABULOUS stuff!! I've been using various free 38.2m mesh sceneries for some time now. The NH White Mtn's is my fave, as the area is only 2 hrs away by car. I run USA roads, as I can't stand having the asphalt perched halfway up the side of a granite cliff. What I'd like to know is, are the payware versions of the meshes and landclass better than the freeware samples? My next question is, I'd like to make the mountaintops more realistic, the rocks barely look like rocks and there are very few boulders & outcrops to be seen. Am I looking at major landclass/BGL surgery or is this merely a texturing issue?Jim

Hi Jim,The freeware versions are static and download-only. The payware versions are often updated to address various minor anomalies, and have a CD option with the free updates.You won't see many boulders due to resolution constraints. They're simply too small in most cases to be resolved using 38/19m terrain detail. They would hsve to be added using objects if you want that sort of minute detail. I'd say you could categorize that as major surgury.:-)-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest parrotheada1a

Thanks for the quick reply. Once I build my new 'puter, you can bet that I'll be buying a Galaxy membership. Here's a rather low res shot of Franconia Notch. Presidential transportation courtesy of HMX-1. It's actually pretty accurately reproduced. You can see how the road snakes along the base of the mountains, as it should be.LatedayFranconia.jpg