Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keith Sebastian

USGS NED Site - Problems?

I cannot get any map to display on the NED Seamless USGS site. I went to the old site and was able to get the maps and manipulate them ok. However, the Modify Data does not work nor does downloading in Arc format. Both say that the raster extraction system is down. Is this just my explorer settings (Java stuff) or is it really down?April 27 11:15am Eastern Time USADick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I couldn't get a map display yesterday either. But I got my data by specifying a lat/long box.scott s..

Guest sgreenwood

I've briefly checked http://seamless.usgs.gov/ twice over the last two days and had no problems. I didn't actually save the extracted data to my PC, but the extraction process itself seemed to work OK.I use Firefox, but doubt that makes a difference.Steve

Today, it's working again. I normally use Mozilla, but I have often had problems with these "data explorers" so if I can't get it to go, I alwyas try IE. Some of these sites only work on IE.scott s..

Guest Keith Sebastian

I think you need java runtime environment (JRE > 1.5) installed for the site to display correctly.Keith