Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

Hellenic mesh versus European Enhanced Terrain mesh ??

Hi, I would like to ask a question. Hope it's OK....;-)I'm flying a lot in Greece. I have the "Hellenic Scenery" with mesh and airports etc from "Hellas Scenery Project (HSP) Group. Do you think I would gain something by getting the"European Enhanced Terrain" from Abacus instead of the mesh contained in the Hellenic Scenery. Description of European Enhanced Terrain:http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=157 Description of Hellas Scenery Project (HSP):http://avsim.com/greece/scenery/ Best RegardsLars FrederiksenDenmark

Hi Lars,all of the mentioned mesh add-ons are based on the same source data - Shuttle Radar (SRTM) data of approx. 90-m resolution. It does make a difference how the mesh developer deals with the problematic areas in the source data (e.g., holes and spikes) but it seems from the HSP website that they have taken great care with their mesh and the integration of that particular mesh file with their shorelines and scenery. In other words, if you're really only interested in Greece then just keep the mesh you have; I doubt that Pietro's mesh would provide a great improvement, if any.Cheers, Holger

I have The Greek scenery from Hellenic Scenery Group including these mesh files for Greece....GR_SRTM_3ARCN34-35.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN35-36.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN36-37.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN37-38.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN38-39.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN39-40.bglGR_SRTM_3ARCN40-41.bglI now have puchased the "European Enhanced Scenery" mesh from Abacus and I would like to install this mesh-scenery but I would like to devoid overwriting the above 7 files for Greece in order not to disturb me Greek Scenery which I find very fine.Is it possible to install the "European Enhanced Terrain" mesh and afterwords overwriting it with the above 7 mesh-files? Or will it disturb everything so the files wont work as they should?Best RegardsLars