Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horst

a little help whit .inf file

Guest tilentur

k .. i finaly got all the data about the file and now i would like to how to properly write them for resample :)North: 46.875, West: 15.5626, South: 46.6875, East: 16.4375 ...BYTEORDER ILAYOUT BILNROWS 865NCOLS 2666NBANDS 1NBITS 16ULXMAP 543612.50ULYMAP 193437.50XDIM 25.000000000000YDIM 25.000000000000tnx in advancedBTW: all the data is converted from XYZ format to BIL with globall maper 6

Guest Horst

Hello Tilentur (your name?),Use File/reproject to Lat/Long WGS84.Then use the header information file and put the information in the inf. file.(I think this is self explaining)And define the LOD you want in the Sim.Do read the SDK will help you.RegardsHorst

Guest tilentur

well i did that ... i reproject data to BIL format and changed projection to WGS84 but ther's a problem ... check the hdr file dataBYTEORDER ILAYOUT BILNROWS 2649NCOLS 2666NBANDS 1NBITS 16ULXMAP -1287.41 ;) ... well .. going back to trying :)

Guest Horst

Hello,ULXMAP -1287.41 <- this ... is kinda wrong ?Yes! (seems to me!)I do not know, what you are doing exactly??RegardsHorst

Guest tilentur

...hmm i think this data could help :)... to help me :)Transverse MercatorDATUM: D-48 SLOVENIAUNIT: metersCENTRAL MERIDIAN SCALE FACTOR: 0.9999CENTRAL MERIDIAN: 15.000000ORIGIN LATITUDE: 0.000000FALSE EASTING (m): 500000FALSE NORTHING (m): -5000000

Guest vlada stoje

Hi,The northhing 5 milion meters instead my incorrect tip with orig. point in N45, it remembers me the school (10 milion meters represent one quadrant of the Earth meridian). Notice that Luis Sa has even the editbox for the scale factor for trnasv. Mercator in SBuilder! (I don

Guest tilentur

hmm i entered all these values into SBuilder but i doesn't want to convert them .. i'm keep getting an err ... can u steer me a bit more please ;)

Guest vlada stoje

Hi,in the latest SBuilder 2.05 the data work without problems, ehm what errors? SB doesn

Guest Horst

Hello,As Vlada pointed out, you can not convert/reproject elevation data with Sbuilder!Import the data to Global Mapper.In every GIS program you have to

Hi Horst,"Import the data to Global Mapper""Export the elevation grid to Export/Elevation Bil (16bit)"Export in GM only works if he first spends the USD 219 on the registered version: http://www.globalmapper.com/ . I did, and it was money well spent (not only for FS work though), but I'm sure there's some freeware tool somewhere that does the trick.Cheers, Holger

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Holger,can I guess, the MicroDEM? After adding some five millions to the northing and this way changing the TM to semi UTM? I pumped the private family budget for this year up to the tilt with the Strater, sorry almost no relation to FS. I perhaps understand that you have to enjoy the registered version of the Global Mapper!CheersVlada

Guest Horst

HelloHolger 13.gifQuote tilentur:

Guest tilentur

well.. now i finaly figure it out how to create my mesh :) ... but still i have one little problem .. I export data whit globall mapper, then i enter exact boundary's and stuff.. then i chechk the bgl file whit lwvViever(or something like that), but the bgl file looks like it was cuted .. the top end is mising and some south data is mising ... what could be the problem? should i change the LAT to less or more? anyone? :)

Guest Horst

Hello,You should also check your data with TMFViewer from the MS SDK.And of course, along the bounds in the FS.Maybe you can read Steve Greenwoods site:http://www.fs-traveler.com/mesh-gaps.shtml(I think, this now your problem)Read all the articles there (it helped me a lot, thanks for that!):http://www.fs-traveler.com/tips-g.shtmlalso:http://www.fs-traveler.com/resources-g.shtmlWhen you read all this, I am sure you will find out, the author is thinking about the quality of his products.RegardsHorst