Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2jhawk

Problems resampling

Guest 2jhawk

You'll figure out quite quickly that I'm new to all this, but I'm sure someone's seen these problems before.Before looking much at this forum I tried using 3dem to convert Canadian .dem files from Geobase into files for resampling. The files looked good in 3dem, but after resample the elevations were fine in order of magnitude, except they were reversed in latitude (upside down).After checking here I tried Microdem. I get a good map in Microdem, but after I resample the elevation changes are huge -- from 0 at sea level to 10 -12,000 meters. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there,yup, that's a bug in MicroDEM. Set "ScaleinMeters = 0.1" instead of "1.0" in the inf file and you should be good to go.Cheers, Holger

Guest 2jhawk

Thanks Holger. That's makes good sense -- but now I seem to have another problem. I'm back to astroturf with a couple orange squares in it???Here's my .inf:[Destination] LOD = Auto DestDir = "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon Scenery" DestBaseFileName = "c_b" UseSourceDimensions = 1 ;NorthLat = ;SouthLat = ;EastLon = ;WestLon = [source] Type = ElevS16LSB SourceDir = "c:" SourceFile = "ab.dem" Lat = 74.00000000 Lon = -88.00000000 NumOfCellsPerLine = 2401 NumOfLines = 2401 CellXdimensionDeg = 0.0016659725114535610162432319866722 CellYdimensionDeg = 7.6872830764959044842426766625017e-4 ScaleinMeters = 0.1The resample gives me an error, saying ***possible loss of precision***> These are northern latitutes; I'm wondering if it's because of the longitudinal distortion? Or ...?Thanks,John

Hi John,not sure about the error message but your cell dimensions seem odd. The CDED1 1:50,000 data have a 0.75 arcsec resolution, which translates to 0.000208333333 degrees. Thus, your inf should look like this:CellXDimensionDeg = 0.000208333333CellYDimensionDeg = 0.000208333333Also, I suggest you set your LOD= value to "10" or whichever LOD you want the compiled mesh to have. That way you have better control over the output.Cheers, Holger

Guest 2jhawk

Ah yes. Thanks, that's working now. Thank you, most helpful.I still a big hill off the end of Arctic Bay that I know isn't there in real life, but that's a different step in the project.John