Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

FS2000 and Win NT 4.0...

I've loaded FS 2000 on my machine at work (for lunch time flights, of course ;) ), but I can't get it to start up...it crashes with a FS2000.exe application error, saying the "memory could not be written". As stated above, I'm on an NT4.0 network, but my workstation is a P3 800, with 256MB ram, and integrated Nvidia 16MB video.The only thing I can think of that mght be causing a problem is that Norton anti-virus is running on the network, but can anyone come up with a fix to my problem? If it's Norton, I'm probably out of luck, as I can't disable it at my workstation.Thanks,K Bailey

Guest GalacticCowboy

Does FS2K run on NT4? I've never tried because I assumed that it would need a newer version of DirectX than what is built into NT (DX3). Might that be the problem?

I'm afraid you're out of luck. NT4 does not support DX8 which is needed for FS2k2. NT4 was never intended for anything but offices and pretty basic business type apps, so its internal architecture does not allow programs the sort of direct access to the hardware that gaming usually requires.

Guest cornclose

FS2000 may be able to run on NT4.0, but you would have to disable hardware acceleration (video) from within the cfg file.If this doesn't work, then it could be one or more of so many other things, not least of which could be the fact it will not run at all on NT4.0.I know FS98 used to run on NT4.0, and so did CFS(1) but I never tried FS2000.Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Guest SD Sim

Techazoid is right on the mark. It actually states right on the FS2K2 packaging that it cannot run on NT4. Bummer.