Sign in to follow this  
Guest statto

USGS Site?

Guest statto

On the seamless USGS site I can download the ArcData just fine but cannot modify my request to download the .BILs... is anyone else having the same problem?ThanksJohn

Hi John,I find that sometimes I have to run the process twice in a row to have the website switch from ArcData to the format (or data type) I want. Have you tried that? Cheers, Holger

Guest statto

I did try it twice in a row with the same error message.Now the site is acting up on my computer, taking forever to load. I still have the error, but I bookmarked the page and am trying again later.On a different topic, which type would be the best to download if you are looking to make LOD12/13 mesh scenery? SRTM 1 or Ned 1:1/3?

Howdy,good luck with the USGS site!The highest mesh resolution FS9 can display is LOD11 (19m, with TMVL set to 21).You can't really compare the SRTM 1-arcsec data to the US NED 1/3-arcsec data because of the big difference in resolution. Generally speaking, for most areas in the US the NED data are more accurate than the SRTM 1-arcsec data. However, 1/3-arcsec NED source files will be approx. nine times larger than the SRTM1 data, which is something to consider if your project area is fairly large.Cheers, Holger

Guest statto

Size shouldn't be a problem, thanks. I'm doing about a 0.5x0.5 square degree project (which I will be announcing the details of shortly!).However, I still cannot get the site to work correctly, despite bookmarking the page and trying back repeatedly.