Sign in to follow this  
Holger

B.C. Mesh

This message is for Holger or anyone who might be able to shed some light on the subject. Hello Holger ! I feel like I've known you for years since I'm constantly looking for your add-ons. They're really great. I do have a couple of questions though. I have installed 38 m mesh for the U.S. by Justin Tyme. He did a wonderfull job!. I recently looked at your 76 m mesh for B.C. and noticed that in the read me you state that there are some issues with it and than list those issues. I'm wondering though, if you have any 38 m mesh available. The second question I have is, Can I install 19 m mesh add-ons such as Yosmite, or us_wa_nc.zip and other great looking products you have avaiable for us on top of 76m 38m mesh directly on top . If you have a scenery install tutorial that's not too complicated or a brief note explaining how I can get the best vfr scenery for B.C. I would really appreciate that. Thanks so much for all you do for us. Best regards (chik) PS "If you fly, Where? lol !

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Hi chik,thanks for the kind words ;-)Some of my newer landscape packages - Bella Coola, Glacier Bay, and Columbia River Gorge - have LOD10 (38-m) mesh files though only for the area the landscape enhancements cover.Yes, you can install other add-on mesh files along with the FSG and mine. The FS display engine will automatically pick the active mesh with the highest resolution in the area you're flying in. See Steve Greenwood's website for more info and tips: http://www.fs-traveler.com/tips-g.shtmlSorry, I don't have a ready-made tutorial on scenery installation. In general, mesh and landclass files are uncritical (see above) but with other types of landscape add-ons, like new shorelines and water bodies, roads, etc., you need to be more careful. Usually, the individual packages do have instructions and tips regarding compatibility; if not, a forum search with the names of the packages in question will probably give you access to other user's experiences. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask specific questions.Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply. I guess I could have asked the question more directly. Misty mooring main office shows all the scenery items but the ground is under water? I also see shore lines wondering in all directions hap-hazardly, almost like thre are two sceneries trying to blend togather.

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Hi chik,looks like you indeed have two water add-ons active at the same time. Are you using American Data (by FSGenesis) or the USA Waters package by Raimondo Taburet? Unfortunately, both are incompatible with Misty Fjords and you'd have to deactivate (or even uninstall) them while using MF. The only water add-on compatible with MF is Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska; the compatibility patch is available at our website: http://www.fsaddon.com/products/products_downloads_misty.htm Cheers, Holger

Well I hope that this doesn't turn into a huge search and destroy mission. I hate to waste a lot of your time. I have NOT installed any water add-ons however I did install the 2 part 38m mesh for alaska by Raimondo Taburet (alaska_38_1.zip, alaska_38_2.zip) When I installed this mesh I created a separate folder in my add-on scenery folder so that I could disable it if necessary. No change.The line in my fs9 config is set to 21. Thanks (chik)

Howdy,hmm, the meshfile won't cause problems as long as their entry sits *above* the two Misty Fjords entries in the scenery library. The duplicate shorelines in your shots didn't look like the defaults to me but maybe they are. For some people the MF autoinstaller doesn't fully complete its processing and "forgets" to deactivate the default files. Usually, you would get an error message from the installer though. Anyway, check out this thread, particularly the bit about Misty.bat and the 13 default files: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=31898Cheers, Holger