Sign in to follow this  
Guest ocelotl

Just for announcing near to finish Mexico Mesh.

Guest ocelotl

This is for all the mesh design community.I'm currently finishing (i.e. closing gaps and correcting blank and missing areas) a mesh terrain for the full mexican territory, I've been very busy with this since I was checking it to be as good as possible, testing it toroughfully to avoid gaps and to provide an good overlapping mesh for the entirety of Mexican Territory.Data to generate this mesh was from INEGI "Mexican Elevations Continuum" consisting of DEM generated from the set of 1:25000 topographical charts for mexican territory sampled to a spacing of 1 arcsecond and presented in IRF92 datum, practically the same as WGS84 and in geographic projection and in BIL format.Of all this data (roughly 800 mb of compressed DEM) I generated mesh scenery at three resolutions: LOD8, LOD9 and LOD10, that I use now on my home computer in separate folders so I can activate each of them independently. The reason to do this is to avoid having just high resolution mesh in the inmediate area and seeing low resolution data at the distance. Having it at three LOD's at once gives a better sensation of realism.As of this moment I've finished closing the gaps in overlapping I had in LOD8 and LOD9 and am working on the overlapping with the default mesh at the borders. In the north border, to keep the resolution I'm using SRTM-1 data processed to close the voids and to merge with the INEGI data in a seamless way. For the southeast border I'm using SRTM-3 data toroughly processed. It had to be this way since I haven't found arcsecond data online for Guatemala or Belize (would have to go buying and processing topo maps to get it).By now the finished data raised several issues: Misplaced islands, wrong lakes and coasts and many airports being inside a hole or over a table (worst case found is Zacapu airport, it is sunk at 4000 some feet in a 6000 some feet terrain!) and that is making me rebuild in a slowly pace all the related mexican data (Thanks, Jim Keir, for LMViewer), that will be reprocessed and published later.In order to generate all the corrections I also downloaded Landsat 7 imagery on MrSID format to be checking positions, heights and all needed info to rebuild the data using as checking tool Global Mapper.So far I've discovered 4 airports not present in MSFS but present in the imagery used, I expect to find at least 20 or 30 more, given the 15 meter resolution of Landsat imagery.

Guest ocelotl

I'm using this thread to announce that the first part of the "Proyecto M

Guest ocelotl

Done the correction. I've just uploaded an upgrade file for the LOD8 U.S.A. - Mexico border areas where I replace SRTM-1 with NED data. On LOD9 and LOD10 uploads this is not necesary since I'm packaging the upgraded files on the uploads. LOD9 is going to be packaged in 4 files using the same scheme of the 4 CD's of the raster versions of the INEGI 1:250,000 topographic maps. On LOD10 I'm planning uploading them divided by areas corresponding to INEGI 1:1,000,000 maps, since its a 800 MB upload, will update if I have to make any change to the upload scheme.

Guest ocelotl

This post is to announce that the full set of the LOD9 version of the "Proyecto Mexico Real" is uploaded and will be available online shortly, last week I uploaded the first of the four parts on which I had to divide all the data and today I uploaded the remaining three parts.I'm in the process of packaging the LOD10 version. Since it's a 800 MB set, I'll be using 11 files to keep everything witrhin the upload-download regulations of AVSIM. Shortly I'll post about the next upload.

Guest ocelotl

Sorry for not updating on the forum and the upload process of the mesh scenery I've produced. Have been very busy with work and haven't had much time to upload these files. Today I've uploaded the first of the eleven files that mark the end purpose of the first part of the "Proyecto M

Hi there,thanks for the update on your project. Looking forward to checking out those mesh files.Looks like you have your spare time scheduled for the next little while ;-) A complete landscape replacement project for all of Mexico can't be a small task. Best of luck with progress on this.Cheers, Holger

Guest ocelotl

Thanks for the support, today I found time to upload three more files, thus having 4 of the 11 files published. I already have beta tests on the satellite photo scenery base to be used for the landscape replacement project. As soon as possible I'll publish some of this.Besides, looking that so far 300+ people have downloaded the first part in two days convinces me that this was being expected a bit more than what I thought.

Guest ocelotl

It took me nearly all day, but today I uploaded the 7 files needed to have the first part of the "Proyecto M