Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy58

SRTM Version2 1x1 degree files

Guest Horst

Hello Vlada,I had a look again today.To quote:

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Horst,thanks for the tips, I tried upgrade the nonregistered Arcv2cad 4.0 and it even alloves again process 10 big shapefiles and moreover it writes directly the bln x,y,z files, so the DXF2XYZ isnt necessary.The ability to read the x,y,z rivers in SBuilder would be wonderful, but lets Luis Sa relax on holidays!Thanks again,CheersVlada Stoje

Guest jacekaa

Hi,Could you send me the latest free version of fgis or link to download it? I have only version from june 2005. It is very useful program for me and the only is freeware.Best regards.Jacek

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Jacek,I also love this program but I have to learn a lot in this field! My latest upgrade is 2005, September 13 (fGIS_Setup.exe with the size 6946930 :(. If you have interest for this older developmental freeware version, send me your address at stoje$volny.czCheersVlada

Guest andy58

It's working today Wed 5th, thanks for the link.There is also another source for this data via NASA Worldwind whole earth viewer but it's in BIL format. It is downloaded along with the visible Landsat 7 image tiles when you zoom in, or with a Tile Downloader.I have been creating photorealistic scenery with the image tiles and use a spreadsheet macro to create INF files to process the tiles with Resample and Imagetool. I have modified the spreadsheet to reference the mesh BIL tiles as well to be able to patch a few areas that had voids I was unable to correct when I made OZmesh covering NZ.The holdup at the moment is that the dataset seems to be unavailable so have not yet been able to do a test run. I have levels 0 - 5 and need to get level 7 to work with. This dataset would have been made with version 1 SRTM I guess but it must have been patched because there seems to be no voids in it.Andy

Guest andy58

I was able to download the Worldwind SRTM BIL tiles I needed and resampled them into Fsim mesh.The tiles are 150 x 150 so there are about 49 per deg. (7 x 7) and are in Int16 LSB format. I finished up using -99999 as null cell value because it came up in an error message during resample. I also had to revert to Ver. 1001 of resample.exe with tmfcompress and tmftobgl.The spreadsheet with the macro I use to write the multisource inf files is in Quatro Pro wb3 format if anyone want's it but I don't know if converting it to Excel etc will work, but it should give a good idea of how I did it. I think I can attach it as a zip to a post if anyone is interested.Andy

Guest andy58

Major bummer! I'll have to eat my hat, it looks like it's only been interpolated and is pretty crap. I had not been able to check it in Worldwind due to the download problems I had and had based my expectation on the level 5 tiles I had been viewing(Maybe I'll try them but the resolution won't be that hot). Back to the drawing board I guess.The offer of the spreadsheet still stands. Hear is what I got for my trouble.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146616.jpg