Sign in to follow this  
Emerson67

SRTM version 2 --> BGL

Guest Dr. Prilicla

Hello everyone,hypothetical question... is there any use for crude (i mean non patched, non interpolated) SRTM version 2 conversion to BGL for the community? recently just for myself i've started converting new version of SRTM into BGL with the goal to have complete set of data in MSFS... for most of the time i'm rather happy with the results (currently have all Africa subset in MSFS)... for sure there are flaws around places, but most of the time it's more entertaining to have this data in MSFS...so, what you think - is it worth uploading this huge amount of data (Africa comes to almost 3GB in ~300 meg chunks) to library or not?Max.

Hi Max,I think that FS terrain mesh produced straight from unpatched SRTM DEM (V.1 or V.2) is very unrealistic. I think it won't please most FS users, because most of them look for "visual reality" as far as I know. However, it's just my opinion.-Emerson