Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

New 757 panel...Who Has Tried it?

I saw it at the other site this morning. The panel looks an awful lot like the PIC 767 panel. Did Wilco give the go ahead to upload their bitmaps for that panel, or are they originals by the uploading author? Just wondering,Take care,Scott

Guest joea

Guys, it IS the Wilco panel, or at least a screenshot of it with other gauges and it looks awful, see my post about it (where's my post title) at the PIC forum here. Someone else posted about it yesterday and the post was gone today.

Hi Scott,I could not agree with you more... my first thougt was about " Wilco ". I do have 767 PIC and it is a great panel. Back in FS2000 days I used the 767 PIC panel in a few 757 aircraft, but I have not found a 757 aircraft for FS2002 that will support the 767 PIC panel 100 percent. This panel just might due untill then. I have not installed it as of yet, thought maybe I could get a few comments first.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest joea

Robert I did download it and the readme said the author did use a screenshot of the wilco 767, but was not clear if he got permission or not. I suggest not to use it as it looks iffy to me (I didn't install it was just curious)and the image quality is horrible.

I tried it, and I think I would suggest the PIC767 retrofitted(dropped-in) to the 757 with all its flaws than using the "Attack of the PIC767 Clones" panel.The functionality of the "clone" is very different than the real 757, the panel is fuzzy, the views left/right are poor (better off to just look out the side with no window frame). The form/fit/function is not close. Other than the price I see nothing "desirable" about this panel.In my opinon, if you like fuzzy eye candy go with it. If you want something a lot closer go with PIC767. Granted you will have to make some allowances but if you understand the 757 functionality you can adapt.Timothy

I used it for 1 min and I deleted it. The quality was ver poor. I went ahead and modified my PSS757 panel to work with FS2002. All I had to do was delete the EHSI and add the FSNav EHSI. Now I don't get the CTD. Be part is now I can use the FSNav Autopilot.

Hi Guys,Well, thanks for all the come-backs. It is no longer on my Hard Drive.With any luck, someome will tweak a 757 aircraft so the Real PIC Panel will work...untill then I will wait.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Dan, good news!Can you PLEASE email me your modified PSS757 panel.cfg?Just curious to give it a try! That panel wasn't so bad in FS2000Thanks alotLuigi ;-)

Heres the panels I use right now......First one is the supposed "pic" panel you guys are talking about... Its also not a bad panel really, Its a slight bit fuzzy I agree but not unusable. If you click the button I have highlighted with the red arrow about 4 or 5 guages get very sharp as in this screen, don't know why that is, but I was getting ready to dump this when i found it, now its usable. It has an FMC that is kind of just eyecandy but you can tweak a few things and add a flight plan if you have one stored i think...not sure about this as i dont use that feature. I shifted the center windscreen post a bit to the right as i thought it too far left, think it looks better. Second one is by buckz and its available on simviation, not a bad panel either, needed callouts which i added. I have also been using one by Schu engineering , and its ok but a bit too FS98ish or cartoony if you get my drift.I am eagerly awaiting the panel by Chris Alveritis..should be a beauty!http://flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/757pic.jpg

Where did you find that last panel at? It looks very nice...Tadd Garcia

Heh...you caught me in the middle of editing the post:) Its available on simviation, just find the newest panels file pages for FS2K2 and go back a few pages, you'll find it. It has no callouts though....i added that.Hornit