Sign in to follow this  
Guest ocelotl

Repositioning Default Buildings

Folks, I want to reposition some generic buildings off the coast of Maui.I am using UT USA, and 38mesh. UT allows user to turn on switch to remove buildings that are out of place. Also Quantumleap has his repositioning project on the go but I want to "fix" up Maui a bit and would like to reposition some of the default hotels buildings that are out in the ocean.Which tools do I use to locate the buildings and move them?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Yes, it should do it. Make sure you've got the newest build (check [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=123&topic_id=29679&mesg_id=29679&page=]here[/a]). There are lots of fixes in there regarding objects.I used this build to do the VFR England/London fixes last week as a test. 340 objects moved, scaled, rotated in about two hours with no default files edited.Let me know how you get on, LV2 is still very much under development and I'm always interested in getting feedback from real users.Cheers,Jim

Finally, I have finished my family DVD rendering work for Christmas, the whole exercise is one of the most frustrating jobs you can do on a computer IMHO. Anyway, thats off topic.I will now be returning my attention to some scenery design projects in the works, in particular my Mt Rainier and surrounding area and other smaller ones like Maui. I use LV v1 quite often.I haven't looked into LV2 yet, and its obvious I should, so I will do that and most certainly provide some user feedback.I would say given the season (aka Christmas) and all (family coming home visiting grandpa) it might be a couple of weeks before I get enought time to get into this enough to provide useful feedback.Cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest ocelotl

Wow! Thanks Jim, on helping us on our "build a real world on MSFS" hobby. Can't check it at work, since I have an Intel integrated video system, but will check it on home, hope the Geforce 4 MX 440 stands up to it.