Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Newcomer Questions

Guest 102301636

Hi folks,I am new to this, I'd like to start creating some mesh though...can someone point out what programs I need and where I can get them and also some good places where I can get free data (preferably 38m or better)thanks,alan

First, go to the scenery design forum and read the "beginner's guide" thread pinned at the top. Then see if that gets you started.scott s..

Guest 102301636

Hi Scott,ya i had a read off this before posting here, I guess I was a little tired or something cus I was still confused after reading it, but I think I have a better understanding second time around (didn't realise the tools were available for download on AVSIM and couldn't find them with google)thanks againalan

Guest 102301636

I'm guessing no one has written a program to somehow interface with the Google Earth data to create and compile mesh? now that would be cool....I'm having difficulty finding data sources that are greater detail than 90M...bummeralan

I haven't seen anything about the data GE is using -- I would be surprised if is better than the 90m data, except in the US (maybe even there).scott s..