Sign in to follow this  
Guest vlada stoje

Gray scale to a dataset FSX SDK resample can use

Guest JohnC

It seems to me that a simple conversion program might exist somewhere that would turn a gray scale image into a format the new FSX resample could use on small repair jobs on commercial terrain meshes. I know that Blackart and grises50 exist, but am not sure they apply any more. I only have limited time to work on mesh and I'm hoping there is a simple utility.

Guest vlada stoje

Hi John,you are right, the perfect Grises50 by J. Bedialauneta converts the 8-bit raw into 16-bit raw, and this is usable for all FS resamplers. I remember, that the training 8-bit hill from the tutorial of Terrabuilder and the Grises50.exe were the first tools which I used to learn the FS resample.exe (my thanks for Jokin and Misho)CheersVlada Stoje Grises50.exe:http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_c.htm

Guest JohnC

Your enthusiasm is well founded.I downloaded it and had a perfectly smooth high resolution multiple LOD bump on my landscape with about an hours work of familiarization, trial and error. Thanks. This is exactly what I needed.

Guest Pat 1

HiI have been trying to use the grises program but when I type : grises50 santander.raw santander.dem 10 0 into the command prompt screen(per the tutorial) I keep getting the error message that grises is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I have checked that my pc runs it in the 2000 compatability mode but cant see why it wont work.I would really appreciate it if someone could help!Pat

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Pat,could you try it again? Be sure that the folder with the program grises50.exe and your data is also the active folder for the commands (just idea - it seems that your command is correct)CheersVlada Stoje

Guest Pat 1

Hi Vlada,Thanks for your reply.I tried it again with the programme and files in my C drive and typed cd in the command prompt. Then I copied and pasted the tutorial example command again(grises50 santander.raw santander.dem 10 0) - But I dont think this worked - I couldnt see any new/replacement files produced but got a meesage in the command prompt(ie DOS) screen in Spanish saying "Program escrito por Jokin Bedialauntu. Julio 2000 version 5.0. No se peude a brio el orchivo fuento"- does this mean it worked and I need to look for the output file?Thanks again

Guest vlada stoje

Hi Pat,I agree it seems so