Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

Phoenix, first Pictures

Hi Guys,i finally succeded in getting my image into fs2002.does anyone know how to minimize the blurriness.is there a way that the scenery is only used by day so i could use the default nightlighting?i'm using orlando's phoenix mesh and with my 1ghz tbird get pretty good frames. anyway thanks a lot for your help.Misho, fantastic program, even i could do it, and i have no idea whatsoever about the inner workings of FS.scottsdale and paradise valleyhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c9ab6a323615279.jpgahwatukee and south mountain parkhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c9ab85d263c01d3.jpgfountain hills http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c9ab925275e9e27.jpgpart of my photorealistic PHX scenery, terminal 4http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3c9ab995283ec81b.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gerhard,Paul, who has loads of experience in this matter, has recommended sharpening the image before resampling. I seem to remember he mentioned to sharpen as much as possible before the image starts to degrade. You may want to try that out.Your scenery looks great. Good luck.Best regards.Luis

Also, did you have to resize the image from it's original size? If so what program did you use? Some of them do a better job at resampling than others. For example, if it was resampled using the Nearest Neighbor filter, that will add to some of the blurryness.Matt

Hi there,i used Photoshop to resize my image.the main problem seems to be that it seems kinda unpredictable how fast fs switches to higher resolution groundtiles. it sometimes takes a couple of seconds when i switch views for them to come into focus. i think i'm asking a bit much from my graphics card which is only a geforce2 (32megs).maybe i should tweak my display settings, any recommendations?thanksGerhard

Being a Phoenix resident, your scenery looks a heck of alot better than mine. I looked at the site where you obtained the source from, but it seems to be quite an ordeal to stitch those pics together, as opposed to the mapquest source, due to the symbols (such as the crosshairs) placed in each shot.... Great job! If there were a way for you to compress the source .bmp to 70-80 megs, along with the inf file I'd bet it be a popular upload here!

Hi John,i think the scenery is "only" about 80 megs. but it's pretty rough, there is still a lot of "symbols" and "crosshairs" in the image because i didn't want to edit my 400mb sourcefile before i knew it would work. isn't there a sizelimit for uploads?once i get a new burner (my old one died last week) i could burn you a copy. drop me a line atG270362@aol.comhave you installed Orlando's phx mesh file? it helps a lot getting a good looking phoenix scenery(btw. stitching together my ~800 bitmaps took me "Only" 8 hours, the hard (boring) part was downloading/saving the files)all the bestGerhard

>I looked at the site where you obtained >the source from, but it seems to be quite an ordeal to >stitch those pics together, Howdy. I came upon this thread late it seems. What site are you talking about?RegardsTerry

OMG!:-jumpy That is fantastic!I know you have only a dial-up connection Gerhard... so if you need more help downloading the tiles I can help since I have broadband and I can burn a CD for you.Man I have been thinking of doing the same thing. BTW in a couple of days I release my Monument Valley mesh.Simply fantastic

Can't wait to see what you've done with Monument Valley... Please post some screenshots! All previous mesh efforts have not been very hot, I'm afraid, and fail to capture the unique beauty of this part of AZ....JohnKPHX

Looks like the best Monument Valley mesh I've ever seen! I'll be scanning the file lib daily waiting for it's release. Along with Orlando's Sedona/Meteor Crater mesh, I think it will be a "must have" for AZ fans....