Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

TMF Merge problem

I created two separate experimental bgl files (that both work properly as standalones) that simply lays down a large red or blue square with the phototerrain wizard. I tried to merge the two using the phototerrain wizard by copying the blue square tmf file into the same folder as the red tmf file,and merging them. The dialog I got, and the file sizes convinced me I got a merged bgl file. However, the merged file does not display both red and blue squares but just the blue. Do both tmf files have to be created in the same project? Has anyone else merged two large files with a different method?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just as an update, I merged the two tmf files directly with tmfmerge and used tmf2bgl directly to get a bgl file. The two separate red and blue squares appear normally if run as separate bgls', but when merged, the red square (first tmf file) disappears, and the blue file turns into a gray one..

was the resulting shape in the merged file a rectangle? If the two squares touched at the corner, I could imagine it confusing tmf2bgl, as normally it expects rectangular data.B

I'll do this again and post the actual results...thanks for the offer of help.

Here are the two separate images from both bgls before I merged them, with both active sceneries in FS2002. They work fine stacked at 1 and 2 in the priority list. .3ca50e3073fd10dd.jpgI got a merged tmf file from the two parent tmf files which seemed OK.I got a bgl file from the merged tmf file which seemed OK. I used TB.But when I load the merged bgl file into a fresh new scenery directory on it's own, FS2002 won't allow me to store it and run it.(The scenery install dialog box won't close).So I say OK, I'll drag and drop it into the red square project file scenery folder and remove the parent red square only bgl file. I don't see any problem with this because the only thing in scenery folders are bgl files.FS2002 accepts it (don't know why, because both times the bgl's are in folders named scenery) and the result is (a) no red and (:( gray where the blue should be.3ca518030b1c3254.jpg

The arrows point to a little discontinuity which does not appear in the original images I created. Don't know if there is any relationship to my problem.

As I suspected....the two areas don't touch. I'd lay odds that the tmf merge expects the end result to be a contiguous rectangle.Bob B

I'll try it this way, but this negates the ability to do one city at a time and leave the scenery in between as default unless you assign one bgl to each city and stack them up in FS2002.I'll post the results....and thanks.Anyone..........Any thoughts on why a TB compiled bgl placed in a standalone scenery folder on my desktop will not be accepted by FS2002?