Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

Images for download?

Absolutley stupid question but where can I actually find aerial images either color or black and white for downloading? I have gone to the various links and resouces listed here in the messages but most of them look like just viewers with silly maps that look hand drawn rather than aerial photos. I am probably doing something wrong but most of them I can't get to display and type of photo or sat image. please help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Kristian,Why evilwoodchuck?What particular aerial image do you seek? I mean, what area of the world do you need? This is an important point, as, unfortunately, very few web sites offer aerial images, and most of the world is not covered. If you tell us what you want, maybe someone here can give you a lead.If you are looking on Mapquest (the "hand-drawn maps" as you say,) if they offer an aerial image of that area, you will see a tab above the map indicating this. Just click on the tab. If there is no tab, that means they do not have an image of that area.Otherwise, get out your Google search or Copernic, and start crawling the web. It may take a while, but you could get lucky.Best regards.Luis

Look up EarthExplorer, which will give you DOQ aerial photos of myuch of the US.Should I assume you are a vermonter, with that handle?