Sign in to follow this  

New to TerraBuilder

I haven't used Terrabuilder yet but am thinking of using that instead of ASD. Just a couple of questions first:1. Does it support FS98?2. Do you have to have Paint Shop Pro?3. Does The "Synthwizard" (using CFS textures) work with FS98?4. What program do Terrabuilders' use for airport scenery?Appreciate any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,You can't use TerraBuilder "instead" of ASD. Those two applications do completely different things.TerraBuilder produces exclusively photorealistc terrain, using several methods.ASD produces everything else.So, your choice depends on what you want to do.Your answers:1: Yes, but only old version, namely 1.56. It is available upon request, and I DON'T OFFER ANY SUPPORT! (I can push you in the right direction but then you're on your own)2: It is highly recommended to have an image editor. PaintShop PRO is one of the top choices (my personal choice is PhotoShop) You can use any editor of your choice, as long as it is somewhat "decent" (i.e. it can resize images, colorize them, etc.) If you're not familiar with image editing, I suggest you familiarize yourself before attempting scenery design.3: NO. FS98 uses a special format for textures, and CFS textures are BMPs, usable only in CFS, FS2K and onwards.4: Airport, ASD, EOD, to name a few...Misho Katulic, authorTerraBuilder

Thanks much for responding Misho. I would very much like to have the version 1.56 and give it a go.ps. Is it possible to use one of the texture/BMP converters to make CFS BMP textures usable in FS98?Lee