Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

To Mr Misho Katulic

Hello dear friend Misho:I want to ask you, how is the most import part of Terrabuilder that it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JulioI do not understand You. You have 'FSTrn' from Martin Wright. For implementing elevations, that works fine. I have had small problems around lakes. All lakes in FS2002 are made flat and You can not change elevation and form, like runways. So a mountain may stand inside the water. But You can tweak and adjust.See the screens 'before' and 'after' from lake 'Moene' at my site www.petercie.dePit

Hi Pit:Your sceneries are wonderful. Congratulations friend.You

JulioFSTrn is not easy at beginning. Better You try to download DMT data. That is a really big file 60 MB like this. Then You take Your area out and You have default FS2002 elevations.Increase the green bitmap resolution and save the bitmap.Edit -----only RGB never grayscale---bitmap in Your paintprogramm and save back to FSTrn.There You make the BGL. Do really read the instructions and ask me at this place. So we help the others.Peter

Hi Julio,I know - I've been incredibly busy lately on my "Other" life :) I'll be finishing the newest release shortly.Misho

Hello Misho:We know that you have other life of course. Don

Hello Pit:Thanks. You`re a good friend. I can understand your help but me and 3 friends had founded the SPAIN MESH GROUP. The SMG has the goal to get the real elevations of SPAIN from a CD that the Army of Spain has published. Obviously the elevations has coded, but we had invented a method very clever can I say, that using several tools we obtain a grey map of the elevations of any area of Spain, then we can`t use the DMT data with FStrn, because our elevations are 25 meters quality. Then I must use the FStrn tool to import grey map not a DMT data, and I very confused because I can understand max and min but not the rest I don`t know how to do it..... but only I must use grey map.If you could help me how ever, please help me Thanks Julio Estefan

Hallo Julio:I can suggest to use grises50 (somewhere in the internet). It's absolutely easy and it WORKS at any level of resolution (did you see my screenshots of Dolomiti, didn't you?). Just prepare a gray scale map (256 levels) of your area AT THE CORRECT SCALE (i.e., if you plan to use LOD11 directive, i.e. a 19.8 m/step mesh grid), EVERY PIXEL of YOUR MAP *MUST* BE A 19.8m WIDE STEP (just resample it if you has to change the resolution from 25 m to 19.8). Then save the map as a RAW file, give it to GRISES50 (you need to specify the minimum altitude and the step in elevation, i.e. (max-min)/256. Then you get a DEM file (this is what grises50 produces) that RESAMPLE by M$ will perfectly understand. With this technique I was able to produce a 90x90 sq km at LOD11 mesh!!!I'm at your disposal if you need more information.Cheers, Stefano.

Hi StefanoCan I directly insert DEM data into gises50 ? So that I have a basic bitmap to edit ?In FSTrn I make RGB from the grayscale and insert it into a given area bitmap. So my new DMT data will be inserted smoothly into FS elevations.Pit

Grises50 needs just a RAW file (from a bitmap file). I use just microdem to generate from ANY kind of elevation data (DEM included) an elevation (bitmap) map. It's SO fast!Stefano.

There is a lot of stuff with big files at MICRODEM. Can You lell me what I realy need?

Hello Stefano:Thanks about your help friend. Really I told you that your scenery it

Julio,you do NOT have to export from Microdem to a DEM file. What Grises50 needs is JUST a RAW map file. DEM2BSQ is a different story! So, just produce a bitmap with microdem (save bitmap somewhere in the menu), convert in RAW format with psp or adobe ps, convert it (the RAW) with Grises50 to DEM, give it to resample ... it's longer to say than to do!Cheers, Stefano.

Again, I do not see why you should go through a BSQ file! It's not needed by resample!Stefano.